Goat and cheddar cheese jalapeno poppers. KATHRYNE: Thank you so much for sharing an amazing recipe. I have also used a similar recipe using cream cheese, cooked spicy ital. sausage and a little monterey jack cheese (combined)… stuffed, topped with seasoned bread crumbs and baked till brown. Goat Cheese Jalapeno Poppers are a classy but simple appetizer for many occasions.
Photo: Jennifer Causey Styling: Claire Spollen. Salty bacon, rich goat cheese, savory-sweet jelly, and roasted jalapeño–it takes teamwork to make the dream work.. Brush the cheese mixture with the egg; press each jalapeno, cheese side down, into the panko to coat. You can have Goat and cheddar cheese jalapeno poppers using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Goat and cheddar cheese jalapeno poppers
- You need of large jalapenos, halved lengthwise, seeds/rib removed.
- Prepare of Cooking spray.
- Prepare of panko.
- You need of extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated.
- Prepare of goat cheese.
- You need of chives, minced.
- Prepare of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of egg, beaten.
Place on a baking sheet, panko side up. Often the pickled jalapeno peppers come in halves, but if you don't see the halves, buy the whole peppers and slice in half. Allow goat cheese to reach room temperature and then take about one teaspoon and smear until the half jalapeno pepper. I loved these goat cheese jalapeno poppers, needless to say they were gone quickly at this party.
Goat and cheddar cheese jalapeno poppers step by step
- Preheat oven to 425°. Spray the jalapenos with cooking spray. Arrange, cut side down on a baking sheet. Roast for 7 minutes, until crisp-tender. Turn over and let cool for 10 minutes..
- Place panko in a shallow bowl or plate. In another bowl, mix both cheeses and the chives and garlic. Shape tablespoons of the mixture into football shapes and press into the jalapeno halves. Brush the cheese mixture with the egg; press each jalapeno, cheese sie down, into the panko to coat. Place on the baking sheet, panko side up..
- Spritz with cooking spray.. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt. Bake until cheese is melted, about 4 minutes. Preheat the broiler. Broil for 1-2 minutes until browned. Serves 4.
Whisk together the cream cheese and goat cheese in a medium bowl until smooth. Fold in the Cheddar, corn and green onions and season with salt and pepper. Today I am making delicious Cheddar filled Pickled Jalapeno Poppers. I love the combination of using pickled jalapeno and sharp cheddar cheese. The crunchy texture from the panko bread crumbs.