Stuffed vegetables aka Greek Gemista.
You can cook Stuffed vegetables aka Greek Gemista using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stuffed vegetables aka Greek Gemista
- Prepare 4 of zucchini.
- You need 4 of eggplants.
- It’s 2 of bell peppers.
- You need 7 tbsp of white rice.
- You need 400 gr of beef ground meat.
- Prepare 100 ml of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 of onion large size.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
Stuffed vegetables aka Greek Gemista step by step
- Shimmer in low heat the chopped onion then add the mince, salt, pepper and tomato sauce. Cook it for a while and add the rice with some (1 tbsp), water in order to boil for a while. No need to full cook the rice since will be cooked in the oven after..
- Take the veggies and cut one side. Leave it aside so you have it as a cap later on. Clean the interior of the vegetables with a knife and fill it with the filling. Put the cap so will close the veggie. Repeat for all veggies..
- Put them in a tray pan in a way that the caps from the veggies won't open. And put the 2 tbsp of oil above the veggies before put them in the oven..
- In a preheated oven cook them for an hour and a half at 170 degrees. If needed put some water in the edges of the tray pan. After 1 hour check with a fork the veggies. Enjoy!.