Creamy Indian Desert Rasmalai.
You can have Creamy Indian Desert Rasmalai using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Indian Desert Rasmalai
- Prepare 2 liter of full fat milk.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 pinch of of teaspoon saffron.
- Prepare 3 of cardamom pods.
- You need 3 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of rose water.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped nuts of your choice (optional).
Creamy Indian Desert Rasmalai instructions
- Boil 1 litre milk and add lemon juice to the boiling milk. Do not reduce the heat. The milk with start separating the curd and whey..
- Once the curd is fully separated, strain out the curd and run it under cold water and set it aside..
- Put the remaining milk in a thick bottom pan and add saffron and 3 crushed cardamom pods. Leave the milk to reduce on low heat, keep stirring occasionally so that it does not burn. Remove once it is reduced to 40%..
- Blend the separated curd in a blender. Knead the curd till the fat is separated. It will have a paste like consistency then you can form a dough. Make even balls from the dough and flatten them slightly..
- Boil 1 ½ cup sugar in water in wide pan. Add the flatten dough balls to the water and boil for 18-20 mins. The water should be boiling all the time..
- Remove once the balls have doubled its size. Give the balls a little squeeze, be careful as they can break. Handle very gently..
- Add remaining sugar to the reduced milk and dissolve then add the balls to the reduced milk and refrigerate for 4-5 hours..
- Garnish with chopped nuts of your choice and enjoy your Rasmalai!.