Vegan Cheese Sauce. Coconut milk: In case you don't like the taste of coconut milk, you can use a different plant-based milk instead, e.g. almond milk, cashew milk, etc. The higher the fat content of the milk, the better will be the taste of the vegan cheese sauce. This Amazing Vegan Cheese Sauce was inspired and adapted from his amazing idea.
It's made with potatoes, carrots, onions, and few cashews (or white beans) as the base and tastes amazing on pizza, baked potatoes, nachos, and more! Links included for ricotta, mozzarella, and sweet potato cheeses. Ideal for lasagnas, pastas, vegan mac and cheese or anywhere you would usually use a cheese sauce. You can cook Vegan Cheese Sauce using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Cheese Sauce
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of raw cashews (soaked overnight).
- You need 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast.
- It’s 3/4 cup of water.
- Prepare of juice of one Meyer lemon (I have Meyer lemons in my yard and they are a bit less acidic so if you use a regular lemon start with half a lemon and build from there to taste).
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt or more to taste.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need of Vitamix or other high powered blender is the best.
Making a vegan cheese sauce really couldn't be easier. You start off with a basic vegan white sauce – also called bechamel sauce and then with just a few added extras, it magically turns into cheese sauce! How to make vegan cheese sauce Ultimate Creamy Vegan Cheese Sauce. Creamy gooey cheesy goodness without the actual cheese!
Vegan Cheese Sauce step by step
- Soak your cashews overnight in the fridge in clean, filtered water.
- Drain your cashews and then throw them into a high-powered blender like a Vitamix. add the water and then pulse a bit to break up the cashews and start getting them creamy..
- Add all of your other ingredients and then blend until super creamy. Makes about 2 cups. Pour into a mason jar and it lasts for about a week in the fridge but it tastes so good it will not last that long. You serve it warm- I like to put it on the stove top or even microwave it for quick chips and cheese..
This is what vegan cheese sauce dreams are made of. No frills, just some potatoes, carrots, seasoning, and nutritional yeast. I really don't think it can get any more simple than that. My favorite way to enjoy the sauce is on pasta for the creamiest mac and cheese experience. All of my vegan cheese recipes to this point have included cashews, because when soaked and then blended with other ingredients, they make a really rich, thick and creamy cheese sauce.