Creamy Chicken and Vegetable Casserole. While the chicken is cooking, prepare the vegetables of your choice the way you like them (I like to use carrots and peas, green beans and corn, or corn and carrots) and cook the egg noodles. In an extra-large skillet cook and stir mushrooms, sweet pepper, onion, and garlic in hot butter over medium heat until tender. Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, chicken, soup and onion. Pour over crust; sprinkle with cheese. This Creamy Vegetable Casserole will be my new equivalent of a green bean casserole for all future Thanksgivings to come. You can cook Creamy Chicken and Vegetable Casserole using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken and Vegetable Casserole
- Prepare of Chicken and sear.
- It’s 2 pounds of chicken breast boneless and skinless.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt divided.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground white pepper divided.
- You need 1-1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of peanut oil.
- Prepare of Vegetables.
- Prepare 1 pound of broccoli florets.
- It’s 1 pound of potatoes russet.
- It’s 1 pound of baby carrots.
- You need 15 ounces of sweet English peas.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of butter.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of Liquids and gravy.
- It’s 15 ounces of canned evaporated milk.
- Prepare 28 ounces of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- Prepare To taste of ground white pepper powder.
- You need of Topping.
- It’s 3 ounces of finely shredded alpine cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
But, get this, Dear Reader; you could use any frozen vegetable you like in this dish. For example, if cauliflower is not your preferred vegetable of choice, you could certainly switch it with frozen broccoli florets instead. Creamy Chicken Casserole has a made-from-scratch sauce and a crunchy parmesan Ritz topping that takes it over the top. Your family will love this easy dinner!
Creamy Chicken and Vegetable Casserole step by step
- Cube the chicken, season with salt and white pepper. Add the flour to a ziploc bag and then add the chicken. Seal the bag and shake it up till all the chicken is coated..
- Heat the oil in an oven safe dish. I used a Dutch oven. Sear the chicken and set the chicken aside when seared..
- When all the chicken is seared, add the vegetables except for the peas. Sear the vegetables stirring often. After 12-15 minutes add the flour..
- Stir it in cooking for 10 minutes. Add the milk and broth. Stirring constantly. Add the chicken and peas, then turn down low heat, for 15 minutes. Preheat oven 375°Fahrenheit..
- Cover and put into the oven for an hour. It may have oils on top, if so skim off the top. Add the softened butter and mix the breadcrumbs, set aside. Add 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs to top..
- Take the cheese and grate it..
- Add the cheese on top then the buttered breadcrumbs on top..
- Put into the oven, uncovered, or under the broiler. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!!.
The secret to what makes this recipe SO good, is the parmesan Ritz topping. My big batch creamy chicken and mushroom one pan casserole! I don't know about you, but I desperately crave creamy sauces and mashed potato whenever the weather is even marginally cold. A hearty and filling casserole that is full of vegetables and cheesy goodness! You'll love this cheesy chicken vegetable casserole!