Acorn Squash with Kale and Turkey Sausage. Cut a thin slice off round side of each squash half to create a stable base. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; coat with cooking spray. In a bowl, combine walnuts, Parmesan and panko; sprinkle evenly over squash bowls and coat with cooking spray.
Remove squash from oven, placing upright on a plate. Or remove the squash from the skin onto a plate and serve the sausage mixture over it. Roast the acorn squash according to above directions. You can cook Acorn Squash with Kale and Turkey Sausage using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Acorn Squash with Kale and Turkey Sausage
- It’s 3 of acorn squash.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s of Olive oil cooking spray.
- Prepare 3 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 lb of spicy Italian turkey sausage.
- It’s 1 of large leek.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 4 cups of baby kale.
- You need 1/3 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts.
- You need 3 tsp of parmesan cheese, freshly grated.
- Prepare 3 tbs of panko breadcrumbs.
- You need of Red pepper flakes, optional.
Cut a thin slice off the round side of each squash half to create a stable base. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; coat with cooking spray. Remove from oven; flip squash and set. Spread diced butternut squash in an even single layer on a baking sheet covered in aluminum foil.
Acorn Squash with Kale and Turkey Sausage step by step
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut the squash in half. Cut a thin slice off the round side of each squash half to create a stable base. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; coat with cooking spray. Place squash flesh side down on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil; bake until golden and tender, 40 minutes. Remove from oven; flip squash and set aside..
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat 1 teaspoon oil. Add sausage; cook, breaking into coarse pieces, until brown, 6 minutes; transfer to a bowl. To same skillet, add remaining 2 teaspoons oil and leek; cook until leek is soft, 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook, 30 seconds. Add kale and toss; add broth. Cover and cook until kale is tender, 5 minutes; stir in sausage. Divide kale-sausage filling among squash..
- In a bowl, combine walnuts, Parmesan, panko and optional red pepper flakes; sprinkle evenly over squash bowls and coat with cooking spray. Broil until panko is golden, 2 minutes..
This Turkey Mushroom Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash recipe is the ultimate cheesy, filling, protein packed delicious dinner! Like all great dinner recipes – this was made with only a few ingredients, and done in under an hour. Ingredients for Stuffed Acorn Squash: Roasted stuffed acorn squash with quinoa and kale is a beautiful and easy roasted acorn squash recipe that's perfect for a Thanksgiving side dish recipe or a holiday main dish recipe. Serve it with our roasted carrot, garlic, and rosemary soup and our refreshing winter citrus salad. Season the surface of the acorn squash with salt, pepper and nutmeg or cayenne (if desired).