Easy Crab Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms. This recipe for crab-stuffed portobello mushrooms does double duty as a tasty starter for a casual dinner party, or an easy, light main course for two. The concept for this recipe came from a family friend who used to make an appetizer with store-bought crab cakes that she crumbled and stuffed into mushroom caps. Sprinkle with paprika and remaining cheese.
The detailed instructions are included in the recipe card below. In a medium bowl, combine crabmeat, green onions, herbs, and pepper. Portobello mushrooms are used in this recipe (pictured), but regular button mushrooms are fine, too. You can have Easy Crab Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Crab Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- Prepare 8-12 of portobello or button mushrooms.
- It’s of Filling:.
- Prepare 6 oz of cream cheese softened.
- It’s 1 cup of stuffing mix + 1/2 cup hot water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of imitation crab meat.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of finely chopped green onions.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of parsley.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of worstichire sauce.
- It’s to taste of Pepper.
Wash and take the stems out of the mushrooms,set aside. Rinse and pat dry the mushrooms. Brush olive oil and sprinkle seasoning on both sides of the mushrooms. Serve with a salad, french bread and wine.
Easy Crab Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms instructions
- Preheat oven to 375. Wash mushrooms, remove and discard stems..
- Mix water and stuffing mix and set aside for 5 minutes to soften..
- Mix all filling ingredients and stir in stuffing mix. Lay mushrooms cap side down on a foil lined baking sheet. Scoop about a tablespoon of filling into Each one. Bake uncovered 18-20 minutes. You can place under broiler after baking for 30 seconds to one minute to brown tops if desired and garnish with green onions, parmesan and pepper..
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms Make The Perfect Party Appetizer. Before you know it, we'll be getting ready for the new year and thinking about party food, so I thought this was a good time to jump ahead to party planning. Remove and discard stems from mushrooms. Place caps on a greased baking sheet. Combine oil and garlic; brush over mushrooms.