BBQ pizza. Order Papa John's® & Enjoy Delicious Handcrafted Pizza. Prepare a small bowl with olive oil for greasing the grill grates and for brushing the pizza. Prepare the toppings so they are ready to go on the pizza—tomato sauce, cheese, and anything else you wish.
Worst homemade pizza I've ever had. I agree on the ingredients to go in it as I've made something similar. The amount of ingredients stated for this made it taste like a pile of hot garbage. You can have BBQ pizza using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of BBQ pizza
- Prepare 1 of pillsbury premade pizza crust.
- You need 1 cup of honey bbq sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded chicken.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of minced purple onion.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cooked and crumbled bacon.
- You need 1/4 cup of crushed or pineapple tidbits.
- You need 2 cups of mozzarella cheese.
- It’s of Optional garnish: bbq drizzle, dried parsley flakes.
I've made BBQ chicken pizza before and it is much easier to gauge how much you put in it by eye. Brush a large bowl with olive oil. Shape the pizza dough into a ball, add it to the bowl and turn to coat with the oil. Carefully slide pizza dough onto the grill.
BBQ pizza step by step
- Heat oven to 400 and press crust into greased baking sheet. Bake just the crust 6 min then remove and top with bbq, all toppings and then cheese..
- Bake additional 8-9 minutes..
- Place under broiler for 1-2 minutes to make the cheese speckled and a little crispy then top with parsley flakes and bbq drizzle if desired..
Using tongs, lift dough and check to see if lightly brown. Using tongs and a sheet pan, flip the pizza dough, so it's grilled-side up. Brush pizza crust with olive oil and spread on pizza sauce. Grill one side just long enough to firm up the crust so you can move it easily. By taking it off the heat, you can take your time arranging the toppings and are less likely to burn the bottom of the pizza.