Chicken and Shells Casserole. Drain pasta; place in a bowl. Stir in soup mixture and chicken. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top.
Other types of chicken work well too. Leftover barbecued chicken, leftover fried chicken, and leftover roast chicken. Are you starting to see the trend here? You can cook Chicken and Shells Casserole using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken and Shells Casserole
- Prepare of Water.
- It’s 1-1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 pound of chicken breast boneless and skinless.
- You need 2 quart of water.
- You need 1/2 pound of pasta shells medium sized.
- You need of Vegetables.
- You need 1 pound of mixed vegetables broccoli, cauliflower, carrots.
- Prepare 2 cups of chopped celery.
- It’s 1 of large onion diced.
- You need 1 of medium potato.
- You need 3 tablespoons of all purpose flour heaping.
- Prepare 1-1/2 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of Topping.
- It’s 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- You need 1/2 cup of melted butter.
Cheesy Chicken Casserole is the perfect easy casserole when you're short on time (or ingredients)! Pasta is tossed with chicken, peppers, onions, and mixed into shortcut cheesy sauce. Finally, this chicken casserole recipe is topped with even more cheese and baked until melty and bubbly. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs.
Chicken and Shells Casserole step by step
- Chop the celery and dice the onion. Sauté in the butter with pepper, seasoned salt, and garlic. Sauté for 12 minutes..
- I had the lid pop open on the seasoned salt and poured out a 1/4 cup that went in. So I grated a medium sized potato and added in. This helped tone down the saltiness. Sauté the potato with the onion and celery..
- Boil the chicken in the salty peppered water. When the chicken is done remove from water, and add the shells. Cook till done but don't throw out the water. Preheat oven 450° Fahrenheit..
- Steam the mixed vegetables then chop up the bigger pieces. Chop the chicken and add into the celery onion mixture. Add the flour mixed with ground black pepper to taste..
- When the flour is added cook for 8 minutes. Add the pasta shells, and cheese. Add 2-1/2 cups of chicken-pasta water and stir well. Allow to simmer stirring often for 15 minutes add more of the water if necessary. Melt the butter add breadcrumbs and 1/4 cup of chicken-pasta water stir mixing well..
- Add the breadcrumbs to top of the casserole. Spread over the top and bake for 35 minutes covered. Remove cover and put under broiler till browned and crispy. Serve after allowing to rest for 15 minutes. I hope you enjoy!!!.
This was a huge hit for our family of six. Not having to stuff the shells makes it doable with our crazy schedule. Chicken & Shells make for an easy-to-make meal that is perfect for any night of the week. This recipe is suitable for both family and company, young and old alike. The cream and broth based sauce in this dinner will wow your palate and impress anyone lucky enough to be seated at your table.