Hot, Sweet and Sour Poached Fish Fillets. Sweet and Sour Fish is a very popular dish in China, and it's almost always served as a whole fish. This recipe is the much easier Make sure your fish fillet is clean and pat dry to ensure your fried fish gets really crispy. Dredge in cornstarch and allow to dry slightly on waxed paper.
I like the light taste of this dish. I didn't make the cornstarch mixture, but served the fish and veggies over rice instead. Great idea but the veggies and fish were fairly bland. You can have Hot, Sweet and Sour Poached Fish Fillets using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hot, Sweet and Sour Poached Fish Fillets
- You need 2 pounds of fresh cod or bass or any thick white fish fillets, skin removed.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, I used chili infused, divided use.
- You need 2 tablespoon of butter, divided use.
- You need 2 teaspoon of asian seasoning blend spice plus more for sprinnkling.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of rice flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- You need 8 of button mushrooms.
- It’s 4 of baby bok choys.
- You need of FOR BROTH.
- You need 4 cups of low or no sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of tamari soy sauce.
- It’s of juice of 1 lime.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of seasoned rice vinegar.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- It’s 3 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- You need 1 tablespoon of honey.
- You need 2 teaspoons of sriracha hot sauce.
Recommend adding a half-pinch salt or up the dill. Sweet and Sour Fish Recipe from Easter China uses deep-fried white fish fillets and a sweet and sour sauce made with tomato paste and vinegar. (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.) This "sweet and sour fish fillet" recipe. How to make Sweet & Sour Fish fillet. A tasty sweet and sour fish fillet for those who like to eat fish without those tiny fish bones.
Hot, Sweet and Sour Poached Fish Fillets instructions
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skilet. Add bok choy, cut side down and mushrooms, sprinkle with asian seasonong..
- Cook about 4 minutes on medium to just wllt bok choy, remove bok choy to a plate.
- Into skillet with mushrooms add chicken broth, tamari sauce, lime juice, seasoned rice vinegar, tomato paste, ginger, pepper, sriracha and honey. Simmer about 15 to 20minutes on medium low until reduced slighly.
- Combine rice flour , cornstarch and the 2 teaspoons asian seasoning asian on a plate.
- Brush fish very lightly with mayonaisse.
- Dip fush in flour mixture to very lightly coat, shake off any excess.
- In a skillet large enough to cook fish in one layer heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablspoon olive oil.Sear fish until holden anout 1 minute per side.
- Add broth to fish in skillet, cover and cook on low until fish is done, about 8 minutes depending on thickness of fish..
- Carefully remove fillets to serving plate, add baby bok choy to broth just for a minute to reheat, Serve fish with bok choy and mushrooms. Drizzle with broth ans serve the rest on the side. Rice is good with this as a side dish.
There are many kinds of fish fillet you can use if you can't. Add in the cut fish fillet and mix well to combine. Hi there,I log on to your blog named "Chinese style Sweet and Sour Fish. Taiwan is an island but often the whole group of islands that make up the Republic of China is known as Taiwan. Except up in the mountains, fresh fish is usually readily available in Taiwan and is very popular at mealtimes in any of its forms.