Sweet Baked Potato. On a baking sheet, prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork. Sweet potatoes make an easy side dish for dinner or a light lunch. Read on to learn how to baked sweet potatoes in the oven to bring out their sweetness and achieve that light, fluffy texture we all love.
If you like to simply eat it with some butter on top, a little goes a long way or try it with coconut oil to keep it dairy free. Bake a sweet potato perfectly Many mothers pass down a heritage of kitchen secrets to their daughters. This would probably be the case in my household if I hadn't completely renovated my diet to manage my autoimmune disease. You can cook Sweet Baked Potato using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Baked Potato
- It’s 2 of med sweet potato.
- You need 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter.
- It’s of 2 tblsp sirup.
- It’s of 1 cup small marshmallows.
- You need of 1/3 cup Bacon bits.
- Prepare of Tsp cinnamon.
My mom's ancient cookbook binder contains scraps of Danish pastry recipes passed down from her grandmother, and these treats would wreak havoc on my digestive system in. This tasty baked sweet potato recipe uses simple seasoning to make a quick and easy, family-friendly side dish. Baked sweet potatoes are my favorite side dish with just about anything. I put my sweet potatoes on a cookie sheet because they often ooze through the pierced holes.
Sweet Baked Potato instructions
- Wash sweet potatoes thoroughly and poke holes with fork in middle and ends. To make them quick place potatoes in a microwave safe plastic container, I use a microwave rice cooker, pour a tblsp of water, cover and cook for 12 to 15 min. I had time on my hands so I did them in the oven and cooked for 45 min covered with foil..
- One sweet potatoes are done, iSlice open in middle and mash with fork. Separate the butter In two and apply inside potatoes. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon on potatoes, drizzle with sirup inside,cover with marshmallows and top with bacon and put it on broil for 5 to 7 min or until marshmallow are brown.
I also mix cinnamon with softened butter to serve with them & this gives them a whole new taste – sometimes even sprinkle with a little bit of brown sugar! If there ever was a perfect side dish to any and every meal, the baked sweet potato would have to be it. Unlike a traditional baked potato, the sweet potato has the option of going sweet or savory (more on that below), packs a ton of vitamins and nutrition, and is arguably the most kid-friendly vegetable on the planet. Pierce each sweet potato several times with the tines of a fork. Place the sweet potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil.