Mediterranean Nachos. On large microwavable plate, arrange tortilla chips in single layer. Mediterranean Nachos Layers of crunchy chips, melted cheese and chopped chicken are topped with Mediterranean favorites for a fast and filling dinner the whole family will love! This Mediterranean Nachos recipe is from The Weeknight Dinner Cookbook by Mary Younkin.
It focuses on including lots of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, legumes and healthy fats. For protein, it prioritizes fish and poultry over red meat, but the best news is that nothing is off limits. If you are looking to get into the Mediterranean diet, we have easy dinner inspiration. You can cook Mediterranean Nachos using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mediterranean Nachos
- It’s Bag of tortilla chips on the border.
- You need of Meat of your choice steak or chicken cooked and diced I use chicken.
- It’s 1 cup of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 cup of Montreal cheese.
- You need 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of fate cheese for the top only.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped lettuce.
- Prepare 1/2 of diced red onion.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sumac.
- It’s Cup of pitted olives black and green.
- It’s 1 of avocado diced.
- You need 2 of diced 🌶 chili green.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of creamy Greek dressing.
- It’s of Sour cream for dip.
- Prepare of Salsa for dip.
Mediterranean Nachos are a delicious gluten free and vegetarian snack/appetizer loaded with hummus, veggies, feta and more- a fun spin on the classic Tex-Mex dish. I received free samples of Sabra Hummus mentioned in this post. Line one baking sheet with parchment paper and spread pita triangles across; drizzle olive oil lightly across, along with salt and pepper, and toss to coat evenly. Cut the pita into chip sized wedges and place into a large bowl.
Mediterranean Nachos instructions
- Rub sumac with diced red onion add to the lettuce and tomatoes and olives with avocado and fate cheese and dressing and refrigerate.
- Over on broiler lay the1/2 bag of chips then the chicken and do not skip on the cheese I put 2 cups of it you could change to your favorite cheese keep watching you do not want to burn it.
- 10 minutes later put the salad on top and serve while it’s hot with sour cream and salsa.
Artichokes, roasted red pepper, and feta cheese put a Mediterranean spin on standard nachos. It's an easy appetizer that always disappears quickly. Stir together cucumber, olives, red pepper, tomatoes, onion, oregano, lemon juice and olive oil in a medium bowl; Spread half the pita chips onto a serving platter and drop half the hummus over the top in small spoonfuls. Sprinkle with half the vegetable mixture and half the walnuts. Stir in pine nuts, salt and pepper; cool slightly.