Italian Chicken Vegetable Bean Soup.
You can have Italian Chicken Vegetable Bean Soup using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Italian Chicken Vegetable Bean Soup
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic — chopped.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of thyme.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of fennel seed.
- You need 1/2 of large onion — diced 1/4 inch.
- Prepare 1/2 of large red bell pepper — diced 1/4 inch.
- Prepare 2 of large carrots — diced 1/4 inch.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery — diced 1/4 inch.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of flour.
- It’s 4 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of fresh rosemary finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 pound of cooked chicken, diced 1/2 inch (rotisserie chicken is real good).
- It’s 2 cups of white beans, cooked or canned,drained.
- It’s 3 cups of fresh spinach (take off the stems) or 1/2 cup frozen spinach.
- It’s to taste of salt.
Italian Chicken Vegetable Bean Soup step by step
- In a large stock pot add the oil and lightly brown the garlic then add the vegetables and turn to lower heat..
- Sweat the vegetables and spices over a medium low heat for 8 minutes covered with a lid..
- Dust with the flour and mix in to make the compound roux..
- Add the chicken stock, tomatoes, rosemary and diced chicken. Bring to a boil and turn down to a simmer for 10 minutes..
- Add the bean and simmer 10 more minutes, then add the spinach..
- Adjust seasoning and serve..