Thai fish stir fry. Thai Stir-fried Glass Noodles (Pad Woonsen). Healthy dish of Thai stir fried fish and noodles, using cod or another firm white fish. An easy recipe for Thai fish stir fry which can be made with or without Thai I can officially confirm that it's possible to stir fry fish.
This was one of the first Thai recipes I ever mastered and it became pretty much an instant favorite. This Thai stir-fried vegetable recipe combines garlic, galangal, and lime with Asian vegetables to make a side dish or main dish when protein is added. Thai Stir-Fried Vegetables With Garlic, Ginger, and Lime. You can cook Thai fish stir fry using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai fish stir fry
- You need 300 g (10 oz.) of firm white fish (cod, haddock, hake, red bream) skinned and pin boned.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil, for frying.
- It’s of For the marinade:.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cornflour.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, pressed.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of grated ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 bunch of fresh coriander, chopped finely.
- It’s 1 of green Thai chili, finely chopped or grated.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp. of fish sauce.
- You need 1/2 tbsp. of dark soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of palm sugar.
- Prepare of For the stir fry and noodles:.
- You need 100 g (3 oz.) of medium egg or flat rice noodles.
- You need of chili oil.
- It’s 1 of red pepper.
- Prepare 100 g (3 oz.) of cup mushrooms.
- You need 1 handful of sugar snap peas or mangetout.
- Prepare 50 g (1 1/2 oz.) of beansprouts.
- You need 1/2 of carrot, shredded.
- It’s 4 of spring onions.
- You need of quartered lime, to serve.
This restaurant-style fish stir-fry recipe is great for anyone intimidated by cooking a whole fish or looking for a healthy, protein/vegetable-packed meal. Transfer to a bowl, and add Shaoxing wine, salt, white pepper. The Thai stir fry sauce I use in this Spicy Thai Chicken Stir Fry is like the Thai equivalent of Charlie, my All Purpose Chinese Stir Fry Sauce. If you haven't discovered Charlie yet, pop over because honestly, especially if you are pressed for time, he will be life changing.
Thai fish stir fry step by step
- Rinse and pat dry the fish; cut it into 5cm chunks. Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl, add the fish and chill for at least 30 minutes..
- Core and chop the pepper into strips or dice; slice the mushrooms, slice the beans lengthwise. Trim the spring onions and chop them into 1-2cm pieces..
- Soak the noodles: bring a pan of water to the boil, drop the noodles and soak them for 5 minutes..
- In the meantime heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Add the fish with the marinade and spread it over the bottom of the wok in a single layer. Cook for a minute, then turn the fish pieces over using chopsticks or tongs..
- When the fish has barely turned opaque, remove it back to the bowl and keep aside..
- Add all the vegetables except spring onions to the wok and turn the heat up a little. Stir around to dislodge the marinade that might have stuck to the bottom, add ½ cup of water and cover with a lid or a tray. Cook for 3 or 4 minutes, stirring now and again..
- At this point drain the noodles, stir a little chili oil into them and keep warm..
- When the vegetables look cooked, return the fish with its sauce into the wok, add the spring onions and stir gently. Cover the wok with a lid and let the fish steam for a minute or two..
- Divide the noodles between serving bowls or plates and pile the fish stir fry on top. Serve with lime quarters..
This Thai inspired pea stir fry with steamed sea bass is full of exotic flavours for an exciting family meal. See the recipe for this delicious dish here. Heat the oil in a wok or heavy sauce pan. A Thai inspired stir fry dish with a wonderful savory, sweet and spicy flavor combination made with colorful bell peppers, fresh pineapple and chicken. Mix chicken and fish sauce in medium bowl.