Marmite chicken. Note: This Marmite chicken recipe is also referred to as Vegemite marinated chicken in some recipes. First, marinate the chicken with light soy sauce, cooking oil, white pepper, rice wine, and some cornstarch. Marmite chicken is a popular dish found at Chinese eateries known as 'dai chao' which are commonly found throughout Malaysia or at 'zi char' in Singapore.
How to Cook Homestyle Marmite Chicken Homestyle marmite chicken involves deep-frying large pieces of chicken and then coating them with a very thick, sticky and sweet Marmite sauce. In fact, marmite chicken calls for pieces of chicken breasts cut into thin pieces. Of course, you can consider other cuts of chicken like thighs or drumsticks. You can have Marmite chicken using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Marmite chicken
- Prepare 2 of Chicken Legs & thighs with skin on.
- Prepare 1.5 tbsp of marmite.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s Half of cup of water.
- Prepare of Curry leaves (I deep fried mine too).
- It’s of Corn flour.
They are considered as the dark meat of the chicken. In summary, they carry a more intense umami flavour. best marmite sauce from scratch Homestyle marmite chicken (家香妈蜜鸡) involves deep-frying large pieces of chicken and then coating them with a very thick, sticky and sweet Marmite sauce. This Marmite sauce makes a great glaze and adds a tangy, sweet yet savoury taste to the crispy fried chicken. Every bite of the chicken is so flavourful, juicy and delicious.
Marmite chicken step by step
- Coat chicken with corn flour and deep fry at high heat till slightly crispy..
- Dissolve marmite, sugar and water in pan. Add in fried chicken and curry leaves. You may add in more sugar to taste as some may find marmite to be very salty.
- Simmer sauce down till chicken is coated evenly and slightly sticky. Serve with rice!.
In a bowl, add Marmite, sesame oil, oyster sauce & honey. Rinse chicken in running water, drain water, pat dry and transfer into a ziplock bag. Lock and shake the bag well to ensure that marinate covers all parts of chicken wings. In a separate wok, add the marmite sauce and allow it to be cooked till the sauce sizzles. Add in the chicken cubes and stir to coat them well with the sauce thoroughly.