Chicken adobo. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. Combine the chicken thighs, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, peppercorns and bay leaves in a large pot. Bring the chicken to a boil.
The dish gained popularity because of its delicious taste and ease in preparation. Chicken adobo is one of the most popular Filipino recipes, other than lumpia and pancit. There are many ways to cook adobo, for example: you can make it with a slow cooker or crock pot chicken adobo, but cooking it on the stove top with a skillet is quick and easy. You can have Chicken adobo using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken adobo
- It’s 1 kg of chicken.
- You need 1/3 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of vinegar.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic (chopped).
- Prepare 1 tsp of peppercorns.
- You need 3-5 pcs of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar (optional).
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken. Stir in water and reserved marinade. If desired, serve chicken with cooking sauce. Most other recipes for chicken adobo do not say to add this much vinegar to the recipe.
Chicken adobo instructions
- Mix everything.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Simmer in low heat for 20 minutes, while turning chicken to cook evenly every 5 minutes. When sauce is almost dry. Turn off heat and serve with warm rice.
- (Optional) Can fry lightly fry the chicken before cooking with the marinate.
As much I love making chicken adobo at home, I've somehow managed to skip doing an adobo recipe on this blog. I hadn't thought much about it until I started getting requests to do more Filipino recipes. I guess it never occurred to me to write about my way of making adobo because it's always been such a "no recipe" dish for me; just thrown together without much thought. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Place chicken and marinade in a large lidded pot or Dutch oven over high heat and bring to a boil.