Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes (nomnom paleo). A recipe I make over and over again is their Garlic Cauliflower "Mashed Potatoes," which I've modified slightly (to make it super-Paleo AND super-simple). Place pot with broth and cauliflower on the stove. The day that I discovered how similar mashed cauliflower tastes to mashed potatoes, was the day I started loving cauliflower.
There are essentially three ingredients: cauliflower, almond milk, and garlic. The Best Paleo Keto Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes Recipe. The ingredients for paleo keto cauliflower mashed potatoes are crazy simple. You can have Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes (nomnom paleo) using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes (nomnom paleo)
- It’s 1 head of cauliflower, large.
- You need 5 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1 of pepper to taste.
Cauliflower, garlic, butter, coconut milk, and chives. Plus salt and pepper, which I don't include in the ingredient count by convention. Best Make Ahead Side: Garlic Cauliflower "Mashed Potatoes" I know I've posted this recipe before, but I just wanted to show how easy it is to prepare. I made it after work yesterday morning despite being dog tired.
Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes (nomnom paleo) instructions
- using a large stock pot, add about 2 inches of water, then add a steamer insert.
- wash and trim the cauliflower and cut up the florets and stem.
- slice the garlic.
- when the water is boiling, add the stems, half the florets and all the garlic into the steam basket. salt liberally. then add the remaining cauliflower and salt again. cover the pot and allow to steam until soft, about 10 minutes..
- drain the cauliflower in a colander..
- once drained add the cauliflower and garlic into a food processor. add pepper, nutmeg and butter, and process until smooth..
Cauliflower is one of the stars of the produce aisle because it can morph into so many different low carbohydrate substitutes: mashed potatoes, pizza crust, tortillas—you name it. But personally, my favorite way to use cauliflower is as a rice doppelgänger. Tonight I made another one with cauliflower, carrots, onions, and garlic. I love the original recipe for garlic cauliflower mashed potatoes but with this recipe you get a healthy dose of beta carotene AND clean-up is a breeze – just one pot and the immersion blender. Time to make Cauliflower and Carrot Puree! …and I was feeling wild and crazy.