Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bake. This pressure cooker Mexican casserole is the complete dinner package. Here is a really easy Instant Pot taco casserole recipe that is full of flavor and lots of cheese! Your whole family will surely love this flavorful dinner and it's delicious the next day if you have leftovers.
Make a Taco Pie in the Instant Pot. This was a first for me! My first taco pie in the Instant Pot. You can cook Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bake using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bake
- It’s 3 of frozen chicken thighs.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomatoes drained.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of salsa.
- It’s 2 tbsp of taco/chili seasoning.
- It’s 1 can of refried beans.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- It’s 6 of sprouted tortillas.
I assure you, it will not be my last. The prep took longer than the cooking time. Believe it or not, this dish is not too fattening. These Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowls are a tasty way to change up taco night.
Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bake instructions
- Cook the chicken in the Instant Pot for 30 minutes. Pull the meat..
- Mix in tomatoes, salsa, and taco/chili seasoning in a medium mixing bowl. Add more or less seasoning based on taste.
- Use 2 tortillas to line the bottom of a Corning ware dish. Spread 1/3 of the refried beans over the tortillas. Next spread half of the chicken mixture. After that sprinkle 1/3 of the cheese..
- Use 2 more tortillas to cover the layer you made in the previous step. Spread 1/3 of the refried beans and then the rest of the chicken mixture. Sprinkle another 1/3 of the cheese..
- Cover this new layer with the last 2 tortillas. Spread the rest of the refried beans and sprinkle the remaining cheese..
- Preheat oven to 400F. Cover the taco bake with foil and put in oven for 30 minutes. To finish, optionally, remove foil and put under the broiler for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve with typical taco tops..
This is a super simple Instant Pot chicken recipe that's miraculously even less work than regular tacos. And since it's all made in the Instant Pot, clean up is a cinch too!. Hate scrolling past a bunch of pictures and text to get to the recipe? Click the image below to go directly to the Instant Pot Chicken Taco. Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos – The Easiest, Tastiest Way to Make Mexican Shredded Chicken.