Holiday Cran-Strawberry Jam. Strawberry Cranberry Holiday Jam is made with two of my favorite berries that are available fresh at this time of year. This jam is delightfully simple to make, and it's also one of the best of its kind that I've tasted! You might also like to know that there is no need to add packaged pectin powder here!
Great recipe for Holiday Cran-Strawberry Jam. A friends Mom shared this recipe with me. I've also made this with fresh strawberries but I'm sharing the way it was given to me. You can have Holiday Cran-Strawberry Jam using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Holiday Cran-Strawberry Jam
- It’s 4 cup of fresh cranberries.
- You need 1 packages of 16oz frozen strawberries (thawed).
- It’s 3 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 of water.
- It’s of equipment.
- It’s 1 of large sauce pot.
- It’s 5 of 8oz jelly jars with lids & bands.
- You need 1 of water bath canner.
- Prepare 1 of canning funnel.
- Prepare 1 of canning tongs.
After a Holiday meal I like to send my family and friends home with leftovers and a jar of this. Grind strawberries and cranberries in a food processor or grinder; place in a Dutch oven. Place a small plate in the freezer so you can test the jam for proper thickness later. Add the strawberries and pulse two more times.
Holiday Cran-Strawberry Jam instructions
- Sterilize jars&bands according to manufacturers instructions. I sterilize jars in the water canner so the water is ready for processing when jam is cooked..
- Bring a small pan of water to boil.Remove from heat add lids and set aside..
- Strain strawberries Reserving the juice. Crush strawberries and set aside. Add enough water to reserved juice to equal 1and 1/2 cup..
- Wash cranberries. In large pot add cranberries sugar and juice/water mixture..
- Bring mixture to a rolling boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Continue to stir so this will not burn.
- After 15 minutes add crushed strawberries bring back up to rolling boil reduce heat and simmer for additional 10 minutes. Stirring frequently..
- After 10 minutes remove jam from heat. Spoon jam into jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Make sure no air is in jam, l do this by taking a wooden skewer and stiirring jam. Clean jar rims and place lids and bands on.do not over tighten hand tight is fine..
- Add jars to water bath canner and process for recommended time for jam according to where you live.Where I live its 10 minutes..
- After processing remove from canner and let sit undisturbed for 24 hours. After 24 hours enjoy or store in cool dark place up to 9 months. If you have a jar that doesn't seal store in refrigerator and use within 3 weeks..
If you prefer a smoother jam, feel free to pulse to a finer texture. Holiday Cran-Strawberry Jam A friends Mom shared this recipe with me. I've also made this with fresh strawberries but I'm sharing the way it was given to me. After a Holiday meal I like to send my family and friends home with leftovers and a jar of this. See great recipes for Holiday Cran-Strawberry Jam, Caribbean blue too!