Low carb healthy fruit "porridge" – no oats. Low carb oatmeal is actually not oatmeal at all because it contains no oats! Instead, it's a porridge-like dish that resembles oats in texture. It's rich and creamy, and you can eat it the way you'd eat a bowl of oatmeal, topped with anything you'd put on your oatmeal.
Just because you're following a ketogenic diet doesn't mean you have to give up your favorite breakfast dish. Porridge is an excellent start to the day because oats are a complex carbohydrate, providing slow-releasing energy throughout the morning. Oat porridge made with water is a good mix of carbohydrates, protein and fibre and contains no salt or sugar. You can cook Low carb healthy fruit "porridge" – no oats using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Low carb healthy fruit "porridge" – no oats
- Prepare 1 of Banana.
- It’s 1 of Apple.
- You need of raisins.
- Prepare 150 ml of milk (I prefer soy milk! – tastes great for this).
- It’s 1 pinch of sunflower seeds.
- You need 1 pinch of linseed.
- You need 4 of almonds.
This low carb oatmeal recipe made with coconut flour is a delicious, creamy coconut porridge to start the day. Plus, this keto oatmeal is also paleo, vegan and gluten free! This Healthy Low Carb Oatmeal recipe made with coconut flour, almond butter and almond milk is a great alternative to your regular oatmeal. Great recipe for Low carb healthy fruit "porridge" – no oats.
Low carb healthy fruit "porridge" – no oats instructions
- Chop fruit into small chunks. Can use various fruits and combinations, but banana and apples form the base. Can add strawberries, pears, nectarines, kiwis etc..
- Pour milk into a breakfast bowl and add the almonds..
- Microwave the milk and almonds until milk is steaming hot..
- Carefully add all the chopped fruit to the bowl..
- Add a handful of raisins..
- Sprinkle seeds if available – chia, linseed, sunflower, pumpkin, dried cranberries/apricots etc..
Discovered it when I was switching to my low carb diet – slowly realised that with decreasing oats you can fit in more Fruit! See great recipes for Low carb healthy fruit "porridge" – no oats too! It's perfect for any Paleo or low carb diet. There are days I look upon my children's Sunday oatmeal with jealousy. Don't get me wrong… I love my usual breakfast of crustless spinach quiche, the occasional breakfast muffin or even a piece of crustless cheesecake.