Taiwanese minced pork rice bowl. Lu rou fan, a Taiwanese comfort food classic of braised pork belly over rice, is probably the best recipe to come out of our kitchen this month. Lu rou fan (滷肉饭) is one of THE most beloved Taiwanese comfort foods. Second only perhaps to a piping bowl of beef noodle soup (and even then, a very.
Taiwanese minced pork rice is a classic Taiwan dish. Depends on personal tastes and regions, there are a few varieties. Some use pork belly instead of minced pork; some add shiitake mushroom; some use eggs; some serve with noodles. You can have Taiwanese minced pork rice bowl using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Taiwanese minced pork rice bowl
- It’s 1 lb of gound pork.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of dry shallots.
- You need 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce.
- You need 3 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of brown sugar (optional).
- It’s 1/4 cups of rice wine (mijiu).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of white pepper powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of five spice powder.
- Prepare 3/4 cups of hot water.
But the main ingredients are always pork, shallot, and soy. Minced pork rice is a rice dish that is commonly seen throughout Taiwan and Southern Fujian. The flavor may vary from one region to another, but the basic ingredients remain the same: ground pork marinated and boiled in soy sauce served on top of steamed rice. It is a type of gaifan dish.
Taiwanese minced pork rice bowl step by step
- Pan-fry ground pork until the fat is rendered. This takes about 10 minutes. Now the temperature is high enough for the next step..
- Pan-fry sliced garlic and dry shallot with the meat and the pork fat. You should be able to smell the garlic in 1-2 minutes..
- Stir while seasoning: add oyster sauce, soy sauce, and brown sugar (optional)..
- Add rice wine and wait until boiled. Add white pepper and five spice, mix well..
- Finally, add 3/4 cups of hot water, turn down the heat and stew for 30 minutes..
EASY TAIWANESE STYLE MINCED PORK RICE BOWL RECIPE 🇹🇼 And yes, feel free to substitute minced pork with other types of meat. I like to use meat with a little fat to create that rich juicy consistency. Brown pork in skillet until cooked; drain off oil and set aside. Add vegetable oil in a pot over medium-high heat.