Dairy-free curried chicken thighs with cashew cream. After marinating in a curry rub, chicken thighs are simmered with aromatics and homemade cashew cream in this simple, reduced-dairy recipe by Chef John. This easy to make creamy chicken curry recipe is completely dairy-free (expect for the butter), but that's not why you should make it. Despite using a cashew-based cream instead of regular heavy cream, this curry is so rich and satisfying, and you might not even care it's better for you.
However, this recipe for Curry Braised Chicken Thighs uses ingredients found at any local grocery store or international market like Madras. Instead of chicken, this curry recipe is really good with boneless pork chops. Real Talk: The spicy double-roasted cashews are incredibly addictive. You can cook Dairy-free curried chicken thighs with cashew cream using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dairy-free curried chicken thighs with cashew cream
- You need 4 of Boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- You need 4 Tbs of Cashew cream*.
- It’s 1 Tbs of Curry powder.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of Ketchup.
- It’s 1 Tbs of Oil.
- It’s 1.5 Tbs of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Garlic clove, crushed.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
The chicken thighs take on a rich color and flavor and the smooth and rich gravy sets off the whole dish Curry flavors go down really well in our house, and these delicious keto tandoori thighs were This is a simple recipe but it is low in carbohydrates and gluten-free and absolutely packed with taste. Serve with quick-sautéed onions and wilted greens. They're boldly spiced with an Indian curry mix and boast a delicious crispy skin. Serve it on a bed of wilted greens and thinly sliced onions.
Dairy-free curried chicken thighs with cashew cream step by step
- Mix all wet ingredients, garlic, and curry powder. Add pepper to taste..
- Marinade chicken on foil-lined baking sheets for at least 15 min. Put in fridge if marinading for longer..
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F. Let chicken warm up to room temp..
- Roast for 20 min..
- Recipe for all-purpose cashew cream: (http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-the-ultimate-vegan-cashew-cream-242648).
I only buy the boneless thighs when they are on sale. Bone-in thighs with the skin removed work equally as well. Cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat until brown on all sides. Sprinkle with remaining ingredients except sour cream. These saucy curried chicken thighs makes a great dish for a big easy family supper.