Roast Chicken Leg. After you're done with this recipe you may want to check my Slow Roasted Whole Chicken Legs witch is also super delicious but requires more baking time. Here, we'll show you how to make the best oven-baked chicken legs, and give you our top tips for baking chicken leg quarters, too. You'll also find some of our favorite baked chicken leg recipes.
What I love about this recipe is its simplicity. You do it all in a ziploc bag, no bowls to wash and cooked in just one pan, which in my book is huge. Add garlic, lemon, chile, bay leaves, and a few grinds of pepper. You can have Roast Chicken Leg using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roast Chicken Leg
- It’s 2 of chicken leg quarters.
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
- Prepare 1 of potato.
- Prepare Handful of asparagus.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- You need 1 of green pepper.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Black pepper.
- You need of Chilli flakes.
- Prepare of Rosemary.
- Prepare leaves of Bay.
Tips and Tricks for Making the BEST Baked Chicken Legs. Here for the right pan: Because these guys are thick and saucy, you'll want a sheet pan with high sides to keep all the juices in and large enough so the chicken isn't drowning in the sauce. To get the best caramelized texture, the chicken should stick out of the sauce a bit while cooking. Then season each side liberally with lemon pepper seasoning, or your favorite seasoning blend.
Roast Chicken Leg instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut all vegetables to bite size.
- Put vegetables in a glass tray.
- Season vegetables with salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Salt and pepper well on both sides of the chicken leg.
- Cut butter into cubes.
- Place butter cubes evenly over the vegetables.
- Place 3 to 4 bay leaves on top of vegetable.
- Place chicken legs on top of bay leaves, skin side up.
- Sprinkle chilli flakes on the skin of the chicken leg.
- Cover with tin foil and place in oven.
- Cook for 40 minutes covered.
- For the last 5 minutes, take the tray out and take tin foil off. Set oven to medium broil to crisp the skin of the legs.
This recipe is for fall-off-the-bone soft chicken leg quarters. The roast chicken legs The choice of chicken. You can also use the quartered whole chicken for this recipe. Meat on the bone can freak out certain people. If you prefer white meat, substitute the chicken leg with four split chicken breasts.