Strawberry Onion and Leek Soup. Great recipe for Strawberry Onion and Leek Soup. Here in Florida it's strawberry season. It used to be strawberry capital of the nation.
This is a recipe of using. Easy Leek & Onion Soup. written by Daniela Klein. Soups are one of the best ways to eat extra vegetables – or to eat a totally vegetable based meal. You can cook Strawberry Onion and Leek Soup using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Strawberry Onion and Leek Soup
- It’s 3 ounces of homemade cheese see my recipe say cheese.
- Prepare 1 of strawberry onion.
- You need 1 of leek.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of tarragon.
- You need 1 teaspoon of pink Himalayan salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 quart of beef broth.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of duck fat.
Soups are also a dish to make if you want to cook a low carb meal for yourself, while still providing carbs for your partner / family / kids etc. Simply serve up some whole grain toast or soft. Peel the onions, lop off the root and stem ends, then slice them in half lengthwise. Cut the onions into thin strips by slicing with the grain of the onion.
Strawberry Onion and Leek Soup instructions
- Melt the butter in the duck fat get the onion ready to slice. Butter is starting to melt. Turn your broiler on..
- Slice the onion. Wash and slice the leek. Add to the butter and duck fat. Stir coating the onions and leeks..
- Add the salt and pepper. Let them sweat. After 15 minutes of sweating add the tarragon..
- After it's cooked 30 minutes and stirring often, add the broth and bring to a boil. Simmer 10 minutes. Put into an oven safe bowl cover tops with cheese. Set under the broiler till cheese is browned. Serve I hope you enjoy!!! Cheese fell into my soup..
Peel, halve and cut the onions into thin rings. Melt the butter in a saucepan and saute the onion and leeks. Here in Florida it's strawberry season. It used to be strawberry capital of the nation. Well when they plant strawberries they plant these humongous onions we call them strawberry onions.