Super Easy Spicy Cilantro Ahi Poke for 2. Last Saturday, Yellowfin Tuna aka ahi (AH-hee), was on sale at our neighborhood Sprouts, so I got a little over a pound of it with no specific dishes in mind. And since I don't like to re-freeze most types of fish upon bringing them home fro. Fresh poke full of bold flavors – you'll want to make sure you make plenty – it will go fast!
We have everything from easy to expert recipes! Hawaiian Ahi Poke Recipe straight from the islands. This authentic poke recipe is so fresh and tasty, you'll feel Our favorite, by far, was the Ahi Poke. You can have Super Easy Spicy Cilantro Ahi Poke for 2 using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Super Easy Spicy Cilantro Ahi Poke for 2
- You need 1/2 pound of ahi or sushi fish of your preference, cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- It’s 1/4 of mild onion thinly sliced (If your onions are specially hot, give them a quick soak in cold water and drain beforehand.).
- You need 1 Tablespoon of chopped gari (pickled sushi ginger), or if you don't have that on hand, a teaspoon of minced fresh ginger.
- It’s 1/2-1 Tablespoon of chili garlic paste or sriracha or sambal oelek.
- It’s 1/2-3/4 Tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of toasted sesame oil.
- You need 1-2 teaspoons of fresh lemon or lime juice.
- Prepare pinch of sugar.
- It’s 2-3 Tablespoons of chopped cilantro (I use the stems, too.).
- Prepare of furikake (fooreeKAHkeh) to sprinkle on top.
Rich, tender, sashimi grade Ahi tuna dressed with simple ingredients to Everyone loved it and we will definitely do it again soon. Lately, my favorite way of serving poke has been super untraditional as a sort of Mexican tostada with Hawaiian flavors. (If you are having a hard time slicing the fish, you can freeze it for just a few minutes to help firm it up and make it easier to cut. This Ahi Tuna Poke Recipe includes quick pickled cabbage and a creamy cilantro-ginger sauce. Those slices of ahi sashimi and spicy tuna rolls are problematic for your heavy metal count.
Super Easy Spicy Cilantro Ahi Poke for 2 instructions
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl gently and thoroughly. Enjoy with steamed rice or seasoned sushi rice as a meal, sprinkled with as much furikake as you like..
- You can also serve as an appetizer for 4 with some fried wonton skins, tortilla chips, shrimp chips or pita chips as a scooping vehicle. 🙂 Keeps up to two days if well refrigerated. Enjoy!.
If you're not familiar with which fish have high mercury levels, make sure to brush. POKE BOWL – Spicy Ahi, Avocado Aioli Ahi, Kimchi, furikake rice#hawaii #bigisland #furikake. Once they came to the mainland, however, poke bowls took on a whole new meaning gaining a variety of ingredients and losing those of their origin. This Spicy Ahi Poke Recipe is inspired by Hawaiian poke, keto-friendly and full of different flavors! You could say this Spicy Ahi Poke Recipe is our favorite recipe on our food blog right now.