Baked Shrimp Scamp. Peel, devein, and butterfly the shrimp, leaving the tails on. A simple but elegant shrimp scampi recipe. Combine it with garlic bread and a salad for a delicious dinner.
Shrimp Scampi with Pasta "Easy and quick to make. We loved the flavors!" – slgilde. Add the shrimp, lemon juice, pepper and oregano; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. You can cook Baked Shrimp Scamp using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Shrimp Scamp
- It’s 1 kg (2 pounds) of shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails on or off.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of white wine (optional — sub with extra lemon juice or chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 of brown shallot, minced.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of melted butter, divided.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper,.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Panko breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes or more, to taste.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh chopped parsley leaves.
- You need of Lemon wedges to serve.
Shrimp scampi is a classic dish and this baked version makes it even easier. The shrimp gets tossed with plenty of butter, white wine, lemon juice, and garlic which will make your kitchen smell. Crispy Baked Shrimp Scampi is easy to make with a fancy restaurant flair right at home, and takes only minutes to prepare! Oven Baked Shrimp Scampi topped with flavourful golden, buttery, garlic parmesan breadcrumbs.
Baked Shrimp Scamp step by step
- Heat oven to 220°C | 425º F. In a well-seasoned oven-proof skillet or baking dish, combine the shrimp, lemon juice, white wine, shallots, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix well until the shrimp are evenly coated.
- OPTIONAL: Starting from the outer edge of your skillet or dish, arrange the shrimp in a single layer towards the centre of the pan. Set aside..
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining melted butter, bread crumbs, garlic, parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes and 2 tablespoons of the chopped parsley; mix well..
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the shrimp and bake for 12 minutes, or until hot and bubbling, and the shrimp are ‘just’ cooked through. Change oven settings to broil or grill for a further minute or so, until the top is crispy and golden..
- Garnish with remaining parsley, squeeze over a drizzle of lemon juice and serve with lemon wedges..
Scampi are tiny, lobster-like crustaceans with pale pink shells (also called langoustines). Italian cooks in the United States swapped shrimp for scampi, but kept both names. Thus the dish was born, along with inevitable variations. Actually, I started making our family favourite Garlic Butter Shrimp recipe when we realised it was fast turning into a Scampi since. For zesty seaside flavor, cook this Shrimp Scampi recipe from Food Network Kitchen, perfect over pasta or as an appetizer by itself with fresh-squeezed lemon.