BBQ Chicken Pizza. The key to keeping the chicken moist and flavorful is mixing a few TBSP of BBQ sauce into the cubed chicken before topping the pizza. Otherwise, the edges tend to dry out while cooking. Also, slice the onions super thin so they will cook more quickly.
This barbecue chicken pizza packs a whole lot of flavor for pizza night thanks to ingredients like chicken, barbecue sauce, shredded mozzarella, red onion and cilantro. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. This is a recipe for classic BBQ chicken pizza with tangy BBQ sauce, chicken, and red onion. You can have BBQ Chicken Pizza using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of BBQ Chicken Pizza
- You need of Desired amount of the following:.
- You need of Prepared pizza crust (or pizza dough and follow instructions on how to make).
- It’s of Chicken strips or breasts or shredded rotisserie chicken.
- It’s of Mozzarella cheese.
- It’s of Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of BBQ sauce (your favorite brand).
- It’s of Medium-sized red onion.
- It’s of Sliced pineapple chunks (optional).
Gouda cheese gives the homemade pizza the most delicious smoky flavor and cilantro adds a touch of freshness. Basic Pizza Crust A great, basic pizza crust. Let stand for a few minutes. In a mixer, combine flour and salt.
BBQ Chicken Pizza step by step
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Prepare all the ingredients..
- In a large pan cook the chicken until it’s done. Add desired amount of salt and pepper. Once done, shred finely and set aside..
- Cut the red onion into thin slices; set aside..
- Start assembling your pizzas! I layered my premade pizza crust with a little bit of BBQ sauce followed by: cheese, chicken, red onion slices, Parmesan, and then topped off with a little bit more BBQ sauce..
- Bake until the cheese has broiled and the pizza crust is a nice golden brown..
- Serve with a complimentary Caesar salad!.
Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray. This cast-iron pizza is the perfect mix of salty, sweet, tangy and sharp. Crispy baked pizza dough is topped with barbecue chicken, mozzarella and cheddar cheese. BBQ Chicken Tortilla Pizza Haiku: "We weren't too thrilled. Earns stars for ease of making but taste was so-so." Followed recipe exactly and these tortilla "pizzas" while super-easy to put together but weren't outstanding b/c WW tortilla's don't tend to crisp on their own w/ all those ingredients on top so we had to kinda scoop half eat w/ forks.