Avocado Chicken Enchilada Casserole. In a mixing bowl, combine sour cream, salsa verde and milk and stir until combined. Homemade enchilada salsa verde sauce is easy to make, and delicious. Top off chicken and avocado enchiladas with this zesty sauce and cheese.
When it is good, it is good! This Chicken Enchilada Casserole is made with an avocado cream sauce for an easy creamy chicken enchilada casserole that the whole family will love! Enchilada casseroles are a great way to enjoy the flavors of enchiladas without all the hassle of rolling each individually. You can have Avocado Chicken Enchilada Casserole using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Avocado Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- You need 2 cups of sour cream.
- It’s 2 cups of salsa verde.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 6 of flour tortillas.
- It’s 3 of large cans shredded chicken.
- You need 1-2 of avocados.
- You need 8 oz of bag Mexican Cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 of tps black pepper.
Chicken Enchilada Casserole Ingredients: As I mentioned above, the ingredient list for this recipe is super-flexible, so feel free to add in any of your favorite fillings for chicken enchiladas. I like to use: Cooked chicken: Either from my recipe for baked chicken breasts, or I often just shred a rotisserie chicken. Chicken Enchilada Casserole Recipe: Start by caramelizing some onions in a skillet. Once done, remove and set aside.
Avocado Chicken Enchilada Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine sour cream, salsa verde, milk & black pepper in a bowl. Whisk together..
- Pour a layer of the sourcream mixture onto pan. Then cut tortillas in half and layer on top of mixture..
- Then take 1-1/2 cansof shredded chicken & layer on top of tortillas. Then dice avocado in shell, scoop out & layer on top of chicken..
- Layer more sour cream mixture on top, then add 1/2 the bag of cheese. Repeat- layer tortillas, chicken, avocado, sour cream mixture & rest of cheese..
- Sprinkle black pepper on top if desired. Bake 50 minutes, then let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving..
In the same pan, add in some chicken, enchilada sauce, black beans, pinto beans and some cilantro. Let simmer to bring flavors together. This dish is layered with torn up corn tortillas and the chicken filling, as well as some. Spoon casserole over a baked sweet potato or Russet potato; sprinkle with avocado and cilantro. Cook cauliflower rice with a bit of lime juice and salt.