Mini cheese biscuits with Greek Yogurt.
You can have Mini cheese biscuits with Greek Yogurt using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mini cheese biscuits with Greek Yogurt
- Prepare 3 cups of all purpose flour (390g).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar.
- You need 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder (8g).
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of (170g)cold unsalted butter cut into pieces.
- It’s 3/4 cup of cold plain Greek yogurt (185g).
- It’s 100 g of grated Cheddar cheese (Parmesan ok).
- You need 1 of large egg beaten.
- You need 3 tablespoons of cold water.
- Prepare 1 of large egg beaten mixed with 15ml milk for brushing on biscuits.
Mini cheese biscuits with Greek Yogurt step by step
- Preheat oven to 220oC. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside..
- In a mixing bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Cut in butter, using your fingers or a pastry cutter. Work the dough until mixture resembles a coarse meal. Add in the cheeses & use hand stir until well mixed and cheese are not lumpy..
- In a small bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, egg, and water. Add liquid ingredients to flour mixture, stirring until dough barely comes together. Dump the mixture on lightly floured counter and knead until the dough comes together. Don't overwork the dough..
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough into a 1-inch thick circle. Cut into rounds using a biscuit cutter or cut into 2×2-inch squares. Combine dough scraps and roll out again to make remaining biscuits..
- Place biscuits on prepared baking sheets and brush with the egg wash. Bake for 12-15 minutes..
- Best served with butter, honey or jam..