Summer zucchini and corn pie (low carb). Zucchini is an inflammation fighter and is good for heart health. That's why I might have to start adding it to almost every quiche dish I make from now on. This will definitely get made every summer during zucchini season, thank you!
This zucchini pie you're seeing here does not include a crust. Before you kick me off the blog, I do have five main reasons. I am a mean food grinch. You can have Summer zucchini and corn pie (low carb) using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Summer zucchini and corn pie (low carb)
- Prepare 2 cup of zucchini sliced (about 3).
- It’s 5 of fresh basil leaves.
- You need 1 cup of red onion diced.
- You need 8 oz of sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh corn off the cob (2 ears).
- It’s 8 oz of shredded Monterey jack cheese.
- You need 3 of eggs whipped.
- It’s dash of salt and peper.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
I was waiting to see cream or milk in the ingredients but I'm surprised that eggs are enough to bake the pie. Sautéed zucchini and corn are my go to summer snack, I just so happen to have cavatelli in the freezer so this is the perfect dish for tonight! ; Low Carb Zucchini Pasta. Watch this video and learn how to turn zucchini into long noodle-like strands. We'll cook them up in olive oil with a little bit of water, salt, and ground black pepper.
Summer zucchini and corn pie (low carb) step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F. in a saute pan, add olive oil and heat to medium-high. add chopped onion sliced zucchini and mushrooms. Cover for 5 minutes then on corn. stir together and cover for 5 to 7 minutes stiring occasionally then remove lid and saute until 90% of liquid is gone..
- Remove from heat and add to a big bowl for mixing. Add salt and pepper and stir mixing well..
- Diced fresh basil leaves and add to zucchini mixture and stir well. add Monterey Jack cheese and three eggs beaten to the zucchini mixture making sure to coat everything evenly..
- Transfer mixture to a greased pie pan. make sure everything is laying evenly across cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Then remove foil and bake for an additional 7 to 10 minutes. remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes. if you cut into it beforehand it will be extra watery it is still cooking when it comes out.
Fresh corn and zucchini are pan-fried in butter, creating a lovely side dish perfect for summer evenings. This is the savory pie of summer. Zucchini, sweet summer corn, fresh garden herbs, and three cheeses all baked together in a buttery sesame cracker crust. You'll love this Low-Carb Easy Cheesy Zucchini Bake which is most popular zucchini recipe of the Top Ten Low-Carb Zucchini Recipes on. Sweet corn is one of those foods that only tastes good this time of year; the rest of the year it seems drier, less flavorful.