Lentils and Spicy Sausages.
You can cook Lentils and Spicy Sausages using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lentils and Spicy Sausages
- You need 1 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 2 of carrots, small diced.
- You need 1 stalk of celery, small diced.
- It’s 2 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of dry green lentils.
- You need 1 quart of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of fresh minced rosemary.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- You need splash of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 lb of hot Italian sausage, about 4 large links (or 1 large Andouille, that's what I used).
Lentils and Spicy Sausages step by step
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large heavybottomed pot or dutch oven. When hot, add the onion, carrot and celery. Saute for fiveminutes, stirring frequently, then add the garlic and continue sautéing for another two minutes..
- Add the fresh rosemary, dried thyme, bay leaf, smoked paprika and lentils. Mix well then pour in the stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 25 – 30 minutes until lentils have absorbed most of the liquid. Stir in the Dijon mustard and red wine vinegar and continue simmering until all the liquid has been absorbed..
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place sausages on a baking sheet and lightly mist with cooking spray. Place in the oven and roast for 15 – 20 minutes, flipping midway through. You want the sausages to be crispy and golden.
- When the sausages are finished roasting, place in the pot with the lentils and serve together. Season lentils with additional salt to taste..