Basbousa (Nammoura) Sweet Cake. Namoura (نمورة), is a delicious Lebanese cake/dessert that is super easy to make and widely known across the Middle East. It is topped with almonds, baked and then soaked with an aromatic sugar. This Namoura dessert is the classic recipe of the original Lebanese Namoura.
Cut a diamond or square design in the cake with a butter knife. Place an almond or any other type of nut you have on hand onto each pre-cut square. Transfer to the buttered baking dish and press into an even layer. You can cook Basbousa (Nammoura) Sweet Cake using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Basbousa (Nammoura) Sweet Cake
- It’s 2 Cups of semolina.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of powdered milk.
- It’s 1 Cup of cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 pack of thick cream.
- Prepare of Milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of warm milk.
Top each diamond in the center with an almond. Follow my blog at https://ilfamosopiatto.wordpress.com Your sweet tooth will thank you for this! This delicious Lebanese semolina cake is douzed with sugary love! If you think it sounds too sweet.
Basbousa (Nammoura) Sweet Cake step by step
- Mix all the ingredients together until you soften the mix. Note: do not mix the 1/4 cup warm milk in this step..
- I used a cupcake pan but certainly you can use a glass pan or cake pan. First layer: With one big spoon place the dough in the pan. If you are using a glass whole plan, divide the mix by half. Place the first half into your pan..
- I added my thick cream in top of my first layer..
- Now for the last layer, add your 1/4 of warm milk to the remaining mix and continue mixing until it soften. Then pour it in top of your cream layer..
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C (355F) bake for 15 mins, broil for 5-7 mins until golden. (If using a whole pan, probably you will need to broil for additional mins just keep an eye).
- Pour your favorite syrup in top (Sugar, Condensed milk…) and enjoy it.
Lebanese Namoura is a traditional dessert that is described as a cake soaked in a sugary syrup. Basbousa or Hareeseh, or Nammoura is a traditional Middle Eastern sweet cake. It is made from a semolina batter and sweetened with orange flower water or rose water simple syrup. This traditional Middle Eastern sweet cake infused with coconut is an easy and delectable dessert to make for any gathering! My husband doesn't like desserts because Middle Eastern sweets are traditionally very sweet and usually drenched in sweet syrup called "aatar".