Asian style turkey meatballs. Two of my favorite things: Asian food and meatballs come together to make these amazing Asian Turkey Meatballs. These meatballs are tender, flavorful, juicy and loaded with tons of sauce. I baked these meatballs instead of pan frying.
Whether it's spicy pork ramen or orange chicken stir fry, I am so excited to eat it. My absolute favorite part of going to Japan both times was getting to try all of the incredible foods and not once did I have something I did not enjoy. These Asian inspired meatballs are out of this world! You can have Asian style turkey meatballs using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Asian style turkey meatballs
- Prepare 1/4 cup of panko crumbs.
- You need 1-1/4 lbs of 93% lean ground turkey meat.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- You need 1 tbsp of ginger, grated.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/4 of chopped fresh cilantro.
- You need 3 of scallions, chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of sesame seeds.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Dipping sauce: reduced sodium soy sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of lime juice.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped scallion.
Made with ground turkey, ginger, scallions, cilantro and sesame oil with a tangy sesame-lime dipping sauce. You can make them for dinner or serve them as an appetizer by making them half their size and setting out toothpicks for dipping into that delicious sauce. Combine turkey, cilantro, bread crumbs, egg, scallions, vegetable oil, sesame oil, and soy sauce in a large bowl. Gently mix with your hands until combined.
Asian style turkey meatballs step by step
- Prepare all ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. In a large bowl combine the ground turkey, panko, egg, salt, scallions, garlic, ginger, cilantro, 1 tbsp of the soy sauce and 2 tsp sesame oil..
- Gently mix with your hands until combined well..
- Shape meatballs 1/4 cup in size and transfer to a baking sheet. Bake until cooked through and browned, about 15 to 18 minutes..
- For the dipping sauce: mix the lime juice, water, soy sauce, and remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in a bowl. Add the scallions and set aside.
- Transfer the meatballs to a serving dish. Stir the sauce, then drizzle the meatballs with a little of the sauce. Serve the meatballs with the remaining sauce in the side..
Roll tablespoon-sized scoops between your palms to form meatballs. I love the crusty sear meatballs will get when you cook them in a pan on the stovetop. But I also love the ease of baking them in the oven and not having to constantly watch them and turning them over before they burn. In small saucepan, whisk together soy sauce, sake, sugar, vinegar, ginger and hot pepper flakes. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.