Dairy-free Chocolate Mousse.
You can have Dairy-free Chocolate Mousse using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dairy-free Chocolate Mousse
- You need 1/2 cup of Semisweet Chocolate Bits.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Dairy-free Margarine.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Amaretto Liqueur or Fruit Liqueur (Raspberry, Orange, or Apricot).
- Prepare 3 of Eggs, at room temperature, separated.
- You need 1 pinch of of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Toasted Almond Slivers (omit if using a Fruit Liqueur).
Dairy-free Chocolate Mousse instructions
- Melt the chocolate in a double-boiler of simmering water. (Be careful that no water splashes into the chocolate or it will stiffen up.).
- When the chocolate is melted, remove it from the hot water and stir in the margarine, 1 tablespoon at a time..
- Stir in the liqueur (optional)..
- Beat the egg whites with the salt until stiff, and set aside..
- Beat the egg yolks until creamy and light..
- Mix the chocolate thoroughly into the egg yolks..
- Using about 1/3 of the chocolate mixture at a time, fold it thoroughly into the egg whites. (Fold in carefully, so the egg whites will not lose any of the air beat into them.).
- Spoon the mousse into a decorative serving dish (or into individual dessert dishes) and top with the almonds..
- Chill until about half an hour before you wish to serve the mousse. Remove from the fridge to come to room temperature before serving..