Julie’s Spicy Meatballs.
You can have Julie’s Spicy Meatballs using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Julie’s Spicy Meatballs
- It’s 2 of lbs. ground meat. All beef will work, but I prefer a mix of beef and veal, or a mix of beef, veal and pork.
- Prepare 1/2 of sweet onion, finely chopped (food processor works nicely).
- It’s 1 of hot pepper of choice, finely chopped. I used a long hot and left the seeds in, also chopped in the food processor.
- Prepare 1 of raw egg, for binding.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Italian style breadcrumbs.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- It’s 1/4-1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 4 of basil leaves, chopped.
- It’s 1 TBS. of dried parsley or a bunch of fresh chopped parsley.
- You need to taste of Salt,.
- Prepare to taste of Black pepper,.
- It’s 1/3 cup of milk.
- You need 2 TBS. of flour, for coating meatballs.
Julie’s Spicy Meatballs step by step
- Mix all ingredients together, except flour, and form into apx. 16 meatballs..
- Coat each meatball in flour by rolling it around on a plate. This wonderful cooking tip comes from Tony Danza’s meatball recipe! This prevents sticking while they fry..
- Brown the meatballs by frying in a pan for about 8-10 minutes, turning once. I prefer frying in bacon grease for added flavor, but any oil will do..
- Finish cooking meatballs in a pot of your favorite tomato sauce (homemade is best! See my recipe for homemade tomato sauce), simmering (covered) for at least one hour. The longer they simmer, the better they are!.
- Serve with spaghetti or any other pasta, using the reserve of sauce for your pasta..
- Buon appetito! 🇮🇹.