Hushpuppies. Hush puppies are fantastic as a snack when paired with spicy ketchup or aioli sauce. They are also a great complement to crispy fish and chips and family-favorite fried chicken. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us.
Buy shoes online for men & women. A fish fry and barbecue staple, hush puppies are made from a six-ingredient batter, which is dropped by spoonfuls into hot oil to cook. You can make them yourself—we walk you through the steps. You can have Hushpuppies using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hushpuppies
- Prepare 4 of egg whites.
- Prepare Tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of minced fresh OR dry onion.
- You need to taste of Pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s of Enough milk to make a stiff batter you can spoon out. About 1 cup to 1 1/2 cups give or take.
So, how did hush puppies get their name? They were perhaps the original treat (aka bribe) for Fido. By utilizing supple suede in combination with lightweight crepe soles, Hush Puppies created a soft, breathable and very comfortable shoe an innovation that would ultimately change the kind of shoes we wear. Drop the batter one teaspoon at a time into the oil.
Hushpuppies step by step
- Mix everything well in a mixing bowl. Let sit. It will rise and fluff a little..
- On medium to medium high heat, using a spoon, dollop mix into hot oil gently. Oil needs to come up the pan about an inch. Brown first side then flip and brown the other side. When deep golden brown remove and salt lightly..
Dip the spoon in a glass of water after each hush puppy is dropped in the oil. Fry until golden brown, turning the hush puppies during the cooking process. Hush Puppies are the perfect addition to accompany your Southern-inspired meal from fried chicken to shrimp and grits. Bites of corn batter fried until crisp on the outside and tender and fluffy inside! Of course Hush puppies are great for snacking too!