Vegetarian nachos. Loaded Vegetarian Nachos: your new favorite party appetizer slash dinner slash quick & heat-free summer meal! NO processed cheese sauces to be found here! Once the nachos are out of the oven, drizzle avocado sauce on top as shown—any extra can be served on the side. (If using guacamole instead, dollop the guacamole over the nachos like polka dots.) Sprinkle the nachos with chopped green onion, radish and cilantro.
The Best Quick Vegetarian Nachos Recipes on Yummly Vegetarian Tofu Nachos, Vegetarian Nachos Recipe -hints And Tips, Healthy Loaded Nacho Skillet How to make vegan nachos. So first up, don't be intimidated by all the moving parts in this dish. You can have Vegetarian nachos using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetarian nachos
- You need 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 of brown onion, thinly sliced.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of ground coriander.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 of zucchini, finely chopped.
- It’s 400 g of can finely chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- It’s 2 of x 400g cans brown lentils, drained, rinsed.
- It’s 2 of x 130g packets nacho cheese tortilla corn chips.
- It’s 1 cup of pizza cheese.
- Prepare 1 of avocado, sliced.
- You need 250 g of cherry tomatoes, halved.
- Prepare 1 of small red onion, halved, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 of fresh jalapeno chilli, halved, sliced.
- Prepare of Sour cream, serve.
- You need of Fresh coriander leaves, to serve.
- It’s of Lime wedges, to serve.
- It’s of Mild paprika, to serve.
This is the kind of recipe that will link to a few other recipes and might be a bit of a pain in that respect. Never fear, either print out the different recipes so you have them all on hand, or be like me with multiple tabs open on your phone and flick through. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large frying pan (preferably ovenproof) on medium heat. Place a griddle pan over a high heat and cook the whole peppers, chilli, tomatoes and trimmed spring onions until soft and charred.
Vegetarian nachos instructions
- Preheat grill on high..
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring for 4 minutes or until just softened. Add garlic, ground coriander and cumin. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add zucchini. Cook for 1 minute. Add chopped tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add lentils. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture thickens..
- Meanwhile, place chips on large baking tray. Top with cheese. Bake for 2 minutes or until golden..
- Top cheese with lentil mixture, avocado, cherry tomato, red onion, chilli and avocado. Sprinkle with fresh coriander. Sprinkle with paprika. Serve with sour cream and lime..
Vegetarian Nachos Recipe -Hints and Tips When using canned beans always wash them well before using. Empty the canned beans into a strainer or colander and rinsing under running water, drain very well before adding to the slow cooker pot. Loaded Nachos – Loaded with both refried and black beans, you definitely won't be missing the meat in these cheesy, vegetarian nachos! So back to this vegetarian nacho recipe! I use either a boxed cheese grater or my food processor.