Lentil Pasta Dish. This recipe does the trick, delivering on flavor, simplicity and heartiness. An easy one pot vegetarian pasta dinner that the whole family will love! The protein packed cheesy tomato lentil sauce is thick, creamy and comforting..
Drain and return the pasta to the pot. Add the lentils to the pasta. Add ½ cup of the cheese, reserving the rest for later. You can have Lentil Pasta Dish using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lentil Pasta Dish
- You need 1 (25 ounce) of jar of your favorite pasta sauce.
- It’s 2 (15 ounce) of cans of lentils, Rinsed and drained.
- It’s 2 (4.5 ounce) of jars sliced mushrooms, rinsed and drained.
- You need 1 (8 ounce) of box chickpea pasta (Or your favorite).
- You need of Salt, pepper, olive oil.
Season to taste with salt (I usually add ¼ to ½ teaspoon), freshly ground black pepper and red pepper flakes (if using). Curried coconut pasta is the place to start for those apprehensive about lentil pastas. A balance of creamy and sweet — this is perfect as a peak-summer dish. Low sodium or homemade vegetable broth can be used instead of water.; Always rinse and sort your lentils to ensure there are no impurities.; The addition of parsley stems is a wonderful flavor enhancer in this dish.; The pasta will absorb a lot of the liquid in this dish, do not be tempted to add more.; If not serving immediately, cook the pasta apart.
Lentil Pasta Dish step by step
- Rinse and drain your lentils and mushrooms. Pour a little olive oil in the bottom of a 5 quart soup pan. Cook the lentils in the olive oil a bit then add the mushrooms and cook them a bit. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over them if you would like. (Sometimes jarred pasta sauce is salty enough).
- Pour in the pasta sauce and stir everything well and continue cooking..
- Boil your pasta in salted water then drain. Plate it all up and enjoy!.
When ready to serve, combine with. Cook lentils first by bringing water to a boil and adding lentils. Sicilian Lentil Pasta is a light and easy dish that is a little like a lentil Bolognese sauce with a nice bite from mushrooms and a lot of flavor from pancetta. The lentils give the dish body, with sweetness from carrots and a nice hearty pasta bite from the rigatoni. A healthy one 🥰 This One Pot Lentil Pasta is so ridiculously easy to make and is an amazing gluten free pasta alternative.