Chef Zee's pernil dominicano (pork shoulder). Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, and Cubans have pernil in heavy rotation in November and December. If you've never had it, then your mind is about to be blown because pernil is super tasty. Pernil is roasted pork shoulder and if you've had pulled pork—which uses the same cut of meat—then you know that pork shoulder is tender, juicy, and.
Seasoning a pernil (pork shoulder) can be daunting but today I'm answering all of the frequently asked questions regarding How to Season and Cook A Pernil! Now the Pernil that I make is a. Dominican style chicken empanadas and pastelitos are a must for family get togethers and the holidays! You can cook Chef Zee's pernil dominicano (pork shoulder) using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chef Zee's pernil dominicano (pork shoulder)
- Prepare 1 1/2-2 heads of garlic.
- You need 1 tbs of oregano.
- It’s 4-7 lb of pernil.
- Prepare 1/2 of salt..if you have a 7lb pork use 3.5 tbs salt.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 of red onion.
- Prepare 1 of chicken bouillon cube.
- Prepare 1 of orange.
- It’s 1 1/2 of limes.
- You need 1/4 c of olive oil.
- It’s 3-4 c of water.
- Prepare 1/4 c of white vinegar.
These tasty finger foods are a insanely delicious and will instantly become a family favorite. Turkey Picadillo is hands down one of the most underrated dishes! As many of you know, I LOVE red meat. Braised Brisket Dominican Arepas are truly one of a kind.
Chef Zee's pernil dominicano (pork shoulder) instructions
- Poke holes all over pork using "X" motion. Place in large mixing bowl with 1 c water & vinegar. Massage vinegar and water into pork & let sit 5-10 min. Marinade: combine garlic, oregano, salt, bouillon cube, cumin, onion, black pepper, thyme in a blender or food processor & blend..
- Drain pernil. Season pork usung marinade. Massage marinade into pork. I would use gloves. Cover & let marinade over night..
- In a large pot, place pork skin side up. Add 1-2 cup of water & add marinade from bowl. Let boil 45-55 min. Switch pork to a baking pan. Let cook covered at 350 for 3hrs. Baste pork every hour. Take out 50% of juices (you can use for rice) and let roast uncovered for 1 hour. Broil for 5-7 minutes for crispy skin..
They're not like the typical arepas from Venezuela or Colombia. Pernil is also roasted pork shoulder. I'm doing a happy dance as I type this because that's how much I love this dish especially now during the holidays. Tag a friend who wants to learn how to make Dominican Style Pernil! If you like this video and want to see more videos like this one please remember to subscribe and give this.