Basbusa. Basbousa, an Egyptian semolina cake with yogurt is one of the best Egyptian desserts that comes out fairly quick. One bowl, mix and dump kind of recipe, yet is hard to make perfect. Today I am sharing the BEST basbousa recipe that everyone was raving about.
We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. Mix the semolina, coconut, sugar, flour, yoghurt, melted butter and vanilla in a bowl. If the mixture seems too thick, add a little milk, but it should still be fairly. You can cook Basbusa using 13 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Basbusa
- It’s of Basbusa.
- It’s 2 cups of Semolina.
- Prepare 1 cup of Shredded cCoconut.
- You need 3/4 cup of White Sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Baking pPowder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Vanilla.
- It’s 100 g of Melted Butter.
- Prepare 250 ml of Heavy / Thick Cream.
- It’s of Sugar Syrup.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of White Sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of Water.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of rose water.
Famous Middle Eastern Dessert Basbousa Recipe ♥️ If necessary, broil ever so briefly so that the top of the basbousa gains color. While the basbousa is baking, prepare the cinnamon simple syrup. In a small sauce pan or pot, combine the sugar, water and cinnamon stick.
- We start with the Sugar syrup first.
- Bring water and sugar to a boil. Stir gently..
- Once it reaches a boil, reduce heat and let it simmer. Do not stir. 3-5 mins.
- Remove from heat. Add lemon juice and rose water. And let the syrup cool..
- Start on the basbusa mix. Mix all the dry ingredients.
- Add the vanilla and butter and mix..
- Then add the cream. And mix. It will be a wet sand consistency..
- Move to a baking dish and pat flat with a wet hand..
- Score lines and add pealed almonds.
- Bake for 28 minutes in a preheated oven (middle rack) at 180C / 350F.
- Adjust time as needed. You are aiming for crisp edges..
- Switch to top grill / broiler (low) and bring to golden brown. Just takes a few mins. So watch carefully..
- Cut into the score lines. This will help with absorbing the sugar syrup..
- Pour sugar syrup over quickly; within minutes of removing from the oven..
- Let it cool. And enjoy!!.
Basbousa are small cakes that are covered with syrup. The are perfect with coffee or tea. This basbousa recipe is very easy. Basbousa (also namoura, revani, and other names) is a traditional Middle Eastern sweet cake that originated in Egypt. It is made from a semolina batter in a pan, sweetened with orange flower water, rose water or simple syrup, and typically cut into diamond shapes.