Cheesy Mushroom Onion Flatbread. Plus they have a piano player, and a piano player makes every meal more enjoyable. This Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Flatbread Pizza recipe is an easy appetizer for your next party! Caramelized onions finished with sherry wine takes this flatbread to the next level.
It's December and that means it's about to crazy up in here. Add the onions, stir to coat in the oil, and cook until the onions start to brown. Add a splash of water to the pan if the onions are sticking to deglaze the pan. You can cook Cheesy Mushroom Onion Flatbread using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Mushroom Onion Flatbread
- Prepare 1/2 of cup, shredded Mozzarella Cheese (56g).
- It’s 1/2 of cup, grated Parmesan Cheese (50g).
- Prepare 1 of Egg (50g).
- You need 1/2 of cup, pieces or slices Mushrooms (35g).
- You need 1 tbsp of Olive Oil (14g).
- You need 1/4 of cup, sliced Onion (29g).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder (2g).
- You need 1 tsp of Balsamic Reduction (5g).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Arugula (5g).
- Prepare of optional – 1/2 tsp Salt (3g).
Remove from the heat and set aside. Meanwhile, preheat the oven on the broiler setting. When the oil begins to shimmer add onions and stir to fully coat all the onions with oil. Add salt and sugar, bring the heat down to medium/low.
Cheesy Mushroom Onion Flatbread instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place a nonstick pan over medium heat and pour oil. Add sliced onion to heated pan and saute until fragrant. Mix in sliced mushrooms and continue cooking until soft. In a bowl, combine mozzarella, parmesan, egg, salt, garlic powder and mushroom mixture. Spread mixture onto prepared baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Change oven setting to broil. Move baking sheet to the top rack for a few minutes to brown cheese.
- Slice bread with pizza cutter. Top with arugula and drizzle balsamic reduction..
Spray a large skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the onion, pepper and mushrooms. With floured hands, press the dough over the bottom of the prepared pan. Add the thyme, salt, and pepper, and saute for a few more minutes or until shallots are translucent and mushrooms are very soft. Caramelized Mushroom Flatbread Pizzas This recipe can be used to make two large flatbread pizzas (with traditional naan or pita bread) or you can grab minis and make four pizzas!