Nancy's (wicked spicy, easy peasy) Chicken Verde Bake.
You can have Nancy's (wicked spicy, easy peasy) Chicken Verde Bake using 26 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Nancy's (wicked spicy, easy peasy) Chicken Verde Bake
- Prepare of Chicken Mixture.
- Prepare 4-5 cups of cooked chicken, shredded.
- You need 1 of small yellow onion, diced.
- You need 1 of bell pepper, diced.
- It’s 3 TSP of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 cup of sour cream.
- You need 3 TBSP of tomato paste.
- It’s of Juice from one lime.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken broth.
- You need of Optional: A splash of white wine 😉.
- Prepare 1 of heaping TBSP oregano.
- You need 1 of heaping TBSP cilantro.
- You need 1 of minced jalapeno.
- Prepare 1 dash of hot sauce.
- It’s 1/3 cup of uncooked white rice.
- You need 1 TBSP of cumin.
- You need 4 TBSP of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of ancho chili powder.
- You need 1 TSP of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 TSP of cayenne pepper.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Topping:.
- It’s 2 cups of shredded Colby jack cheese.
- It’s 2 cups of crushed tortilla chips, salted.
- You need of Canola oil.
- Prepare 10-12 slices of pickled jalapenos.
Nancy's (wicked spicy, easy peasy) Chicken Verde Bake step by step
- Shred your cooked chicken into a medium mixing bowl. Saute the bell pepper, onion, jalapeno, and garlic until softened in 2 TBSP of canola oil. Add this to the chicken along with the remaining chicken mixture ingredients (making sure to salt and pepper everything as you go to taste). NOTE: Mixture should be fairly thick but with enough liquid to cook the rice, so just a little runny is ok!.
- Oil a 7 x 11 baking dish with canola oil. Add the chicken mixture. Then, layer the cheese (it should fully cover the chicken mix so add more cheese if needed), crushed tortilla chips, oil drizzle, and pickled jalapenos..
- Bake at 375 uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until entire dish is very bubbly and golden brown along the edges..
- Remove from oven and let stand 10-15 minutes before serving. Top servings with sliced black olives, fresh diced tomato, sour cream or whatever you like and Enjoy!! If it turns out bad, please feel free to blame me 😊.
- PS-After writing this recipe out (that I normally keep stored in my head along with all my other recipes) I now know why I don't typically follow recipes! There is too much reading!! 😂.