Spicy Eggplant Mapo Tofu (un-stir fried Eggplant and Tofu).
You can cook Spicy Eggplant Mapo Tofu (un-stir fried Eggplant and Tofu) using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Eggplant Mapo Tofu (un-stir fried Eggplant and Tofu)
- Prepare 1 of eggplant wash and dry pat then diced into 1-2” cubes.
- It’s 1/2 of of silky tofu diced into small cubes.
- Prepare of Chopped/sliced green onion.
- It’s of Minced garlic (3 cloves garlics).
- Prepare of Grated fresh ginger (1 tsp).
- It’s 1 of dates soaked in 1/4 cup water (you can substitute with sugar).
- Prepare 2 tsp of Gochujang (fermented red pepper paste) you can get it in any Asian store. (Less or more).
- It’s of Mushrooms powder.
- It’s of Soy sauces.
- It’s 1 tsp of cornstarch (less or more).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper (optional).
- Prepare of Water.
Spicy Eggplant Mapo Tofu (un-stir fried Eggplant and Tofu) instructions
- Using your skillet over medium high heat, roasted the eggplants until turning brown. Set aside..
- Meanwhile microwave the dates in 40 seconds. Smashed it and strained it..
- Still using the skillet add the dates liquid, garlics, ginger, mushrooms powder,gochujang paste, cayenne pepper, and soy sauce. Add more water, mixed well then add the tofu..
- Cover with the lid, and let it boiled..
- When the tofu mixture boiled add the eggplant, mixed well. Put in a simmer until the eggplant is cooked and tender..
- In a small bowl mixed the cornstarch and water. Pouring into the eggplant mixture, stir quickly, taste it and add the green onion. Turn off the heat..
- Then the spicy eggplant mapo tofu is ready to served along with steam rice or brown rice as your choice. Enjoy 😊.