Organic Vegan Basil Pesto Pasta. Pesto, from the Italian word 'pestare', which means to pound and crush. This delicate recipe dates back to Roman times and made with basil from Genoa, home of pesto. This delicious sauce is ideal for pasta, but it also great to mix with cream for chicken dishes, or dollop onto oven-roasted garlic and chilli aubergines.
Perfect stirred through tomato salads, pasta, spiralized vegetables and spread onto bruschetta.. This vegan pesto recipe is made of five ingredients: fresh basil, garlic, lemon juice, walnuts, and olive oil. Unlike traditional pesto recipes that contain Parmesan cheese, this pesto is vegan and can be made nut-free as well. You can cook Organic Vegan Basil Pesto Pasta using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Organic Vegan Basil Pesto Pasta
- Prepare of Pesto Sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 cups of Fresh Basil.
- You need 1/2 cup of walnuts.
- You need 3 tbsp of nutritional yeast.
- You need 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 4 tbsp of water (plus more as needed).
- It’s of Pasta.
- You need 1/2 pack of spaghetti or any kind of pasta.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of green peas.
- You need 1 cup of mushrooms.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of minced onion.
To nix nuts from the recipe, swap walnuts with pumpkin seeds. Raw pasta is one of the most amazing and perplexing dishes ever. It looks and tastes like pasta, however it is more like a salad in disguise. There is nothing like fresh basil pesto to liven up a simple meal!
Organic Vegan Basil Pesto Pasta instructions
- Boil water and cook the pasta, set aside.
- Add all the Pesto sauce in the blender for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan and sauté mushrooms and onion.
- Add green peas and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add cooked Pasta.
- Add Pesto Sauce.
- Mixed well, add salt and pepper to taste.
Whether you toss with pasta or potatoes, use in grilled cheese sandwiches or spread on salmon or a pizza fresh beats the jar every time! (This post contains affiliate links. See full disclosure at bottom of page.) The Basil: Gro A deliciously vibrant pesto of basil, chickpeas and pine kernels, whizzed with olive oil, garlic and a nice squeeze of lemon for that extra zing. Goes great with pasta or in a salad. Organic, Gluten and nut free, No added sugar, Suitable for vegetarians, vegans and coeliacs Vegan Basil Pesto Pasta. Certified USDA organic pasta made with non-GMO ingredients.