Mike's EZ Broiled Lobster Tails. [The tails can dry and stick to the base of pan] Liberally drizzle tails with marinade and then sprinkle lobster meat with Paprika, Lemon Pepper and dried Parsley on top to taste. One of the world's most expensive spices! It's SO worth the price paid!
See great recipes for Mike's EZ Broiled Lobster Tails too! Oddly, we think they enjoyed their Thanksgiving dinner a little more than the rest of us did with our massive turkey and all the trimmings! Oddly, we think they enjoyed their Thanksgiving dinner a little more than the rest of us did with our massive turkey and all the trimmings! You can cook Mike's EZ Broiled Lobster Tails using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's EZ Broiled Lobster Tails
- It’s of Seafood.
- You need 2 of 8 oz Lobster Tails [de-thawed].
- It’s of Lobster Butter Marinade.
- Prepare 2 stick of Tillamook Salted Butter [melted or, you can clarify].
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Garlic Powder – Old Bay Seasoning – Lemon Pepper – White Pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dried Parsley.
- Prepare of Lobster Toppers.
- It’s 1 dash of Paprika – Lemon Pepper – Dried Parsley.
- You need of Kitchen Equipment.
- It’s 1 medium of Broil / Oven Safe Pan.
- It’s 1 of Meat Thermometer.
- You need 1 large of Chefs Sheers.
- Prepare 1 of Sharp Knife.
- You need 1 of Pair Tongs.
These are so delicious, plus you'll save a ton of money by making these at home! Our New Year's Eve tradition typically involves cooking some sort of seafood, drinking lots of wine, and playing games with the family while bringing in the new year. Lobster Paella a La Michel Recipe. The first step in learning how to cook lobster tails is understanding how to cut a lobster tail for grilling, broiling, steaming, baking, and other cooking methods.
Mike's EZ Broiled Lobster Tails step by step
- Turn on and preheat oven broiler. Heat & mix Lobster Butter Marinade..
- Fully de-thaw lobster tails in fridge overnight, in the sink with water or microwave at 30% for a minute or two. Watch tails VERY closely if de-thawing in microwave and make certain they never cook, only de-thaw. After de-thaw, rinse tails under cold water and dab dry..
- Using a large, sharp set of Chefs sheers, carefully cut down the center of the lobster shells without cutting into the lobster itself. Also, do not cut all the way down to the tails. Stop about 1/2" from the base. Rinse any broken shells from your tails and dab dry again..
- Carefully lift the lobster meat upwards, out of its shell and, above the shell without pulling it all the way out. The meat should still be attached at the base but lifted above the shell and resting gently on top. ° With a sharp knife, butterfly [or slit] the lobster meat open but don't cut the lobster meat all the way through. See #2 photo below..
- At this point, know that you can add pre-cooked / microwaved Stove Top Stuffing to the area directly beneath your lifted lobster meat If you choose to do so, pack your precooked stuffing in the base of your shells tightly and high up and bake or broil as listed. My kids always adore that crazy easy option..
- Lightly spray the bottom of an oven safe pan or brush on Butter Marinade and place lobster tails inside. [The tails can dry and stick to the base of pan] Liberally drizzle tails with marinade and then sprinkle lobster meat with Paprika, Lemon Pepper and dried Parsley on top to taste..
- Broil [525°] tails uncovered on the top rack in the oven for approx 5-6 minutes for 8 oz or 10 minutes per pound. You'll know when they're fully cooked as your lobsters internal temperature will be 145°F. ° If choosing to BAKE your tails, heat oven to 425° and bake about 1 minute per ounce as a general rule. An 8 ounce tail should take 7-8 minutes. Quickly drizzle your Butter Marinade on top of tails while they're broiling or baking but make it quick. You won't want to lose any of your ovens heat..
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Be careful not to over cook your tails. Your lobster will be chewy or rubbery if you accidently do. Again, use your thermometer and look for 145° F. Remember, a $2.00 cooking thermometer is definitely worth your investment when serving lobster..
- Melt or clarify additional butter and add to what's left of your lobster marinade for serving if needed. Or, you can melt plain butter without your seasoned marinade. Either way, serve your tails with butter on the side and garnish your plates with fresh parsley and lemon slices..
- See the questions area for directions on grilling your lobster tails. Enjoy!.
One way to prep a lobster tail is to butterfly it. Butterflying a lobster tail means to cut open the hard shell and through the meat so you can spread the tail into two even halves. Broiled lobster tails are juicy, flavorful, and quick to make! + How-To butterfly lobster tails photo tutorial! Please practice hand-washing and social distancing, and check out our resources for adapting to these times. Broiled Lobster Tails + How To Butterfly Lobster Tails 🦞 – Duration:.