Avocado, broiled. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. Turn avocado halves, cut side up. Place avocado halves on grill rack over heat.
These savory slices couldn't be easier to make. All you have to do is slice an avocado, dress it up with olive oil, salt, pepper, and any other seasoning of your choice, and roast until toasty in a preheated oven. The exterior of the slices will get a nice, toasty finish, but the interior will remain creamy and rich. You can have Avocado, broiled using 3 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Avocado, broiled
- You need 2 large of avocados, ripe but slightly firm.
- Prepare 1 each of cheese.
- It’s 1 of spices of your choice.
For Grilled Slices: Cut avocado in half, seed, peel, and slice. Drizzle with fresh lime or lemon juice and brush lightly with olive oil. For Grilled Half Shells: Cut avocado in half and remove seed. Grilled California Avocado Chicken is tender chicken marinated in an amazing honey garlic balsamic sauce and is grilled to perfection!
Avocado, broiled step by step
- Cut avocado in half by cutting down to pit, rotate fruit around knife until cut ends meet.
- Grab each half and twist to separate halves, 1 should contain the pit.
- Carefully whack pit in center with shape blade of knife, so the blade is embedded about 1/4 inch. Twist knife (like you did the other half before) until the pit pops out. To remove pit from knife, from the dull side of the blade (back) pinch pit so it pops off knife..
- Use a fork to poke a bunch of holes into the flesh of the avocado. Drizzle, spray or brush a little oil on the halfs. I usually use light olive oil, but any should work..
- Put the halfs on a baking sheet. You are better off if they are level and don't rock. If you don't have a rack like here, you can make a little donut from foil to hold them in place..
- Sprinkle spice mix of your choice on the avocado. Here I used a "Mexican blend" but I have used others in the past. A slightly stronger flavor seems to be better do it didn't get lost..
- Cover the halfs with shredded cheese. Cheddar is shown here, but Swiss, Italian blend, all seem to work that melt. This picture shows 2 with spice before cheese, and 2 with cheese before cooing..
- Broil so the top of the avocado is about 3-4 inches from the broiler. In my oven, 3 minutes is perfect. But check after every minute to make sure they don't burn..
It is topped with a thick slice of mozzarella cheese and avocados, tomatoes and basil. The combination of chicken and avocado is one of. Quarter the avocados and remove the seed. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and brush with grapeseed oil. Grill the avocado slices over indirect heat, leaving undisturbed.