Marinated London Broil. For flavorful London broil, marinating is absolutely necessary to tenderize the tough cut of meat. As with flank steak, zesty and acidic marinades with lemon or vinegar work wonders for London broil, while wine and tequila can even be used too. This London Broil Marinade is a great option when you crave a grilled (or broiled) steak, but you also want to make healthy choices.
This is simply the best London Broil marinade ever! It's a bold claim, but we used it at our Make-Ahead Meal Kitchen thousands of times to prepare tender and juicy steak that could be cooked in the oven, on the grill or prepped and stored in the freezer until cook time. How to Cook the Most Tender London Broil: Whisk Together Marinade: Prepare the steak marinade by adding soy sauce, lemon juice, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to a large gallon bag. You can cook Marinated London Broil using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Marinated London Broil
- You need 2 lb of top round London Broil.
- Prepare 2 T of dijon mustard.
- It’s 1/3 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 2 T of worcesterchire sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 T of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 T of onion powder.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
Broil on high: Preheat the broiler to high heat. Remove the steak from the marinade and put in a baking dish. If refrigerated, turn the steak in the marinade occasionally. Drain off marinade and put into a saucepan.
Marinated London Broil step by step
- The night before serving whisk the olive oil and mustard in a small bowl to make an emulsion. Whisk in the remaining ingredients..
- Poke a few fork prongs into the meat and place it in a baking dish or a large zip lock bag, pour the marinade over it, cover, and refrigerate. Flip it over the next morning to let the marinade soak the other side. Go enjoy your day..
- Time to cook! Preheat your oven to 400 with the rack in the center. Lightly oil and heat a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Marinade can be discarded at this point..
- Place the steak in the hot pan and let sear for 2 minutes. Transfer quickly to the oven and cook for 6 minutes. Flip and cook for 7-8 minutes depending on how rare you like it. Remove to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes..
- Make thin slices across the cut and serve..
London broil is actually a way of cooking beef, in which flank steak is marinated before broiling or grilling, and cut it into thin slices. However, it is colloquially used to refer to a cut portion of meat derived from the flank of a cow. Remove roast from marinade, reserving marinade. If you are interested in a serving sauce for the London broil, simply double the marinade recipe. Use half to marinate the meat.