Sardines Pasta. Meanwhile, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until just tender; drain, reserving some of the cooking liquid. Add the pasta to the sardine mixture and toss well to combine. A great pasta dish for those who like seafood with their pasta.
Drain the pasta, reserving a couple of tbsp of the water. Add the pasta to the sauce and mix well, adding the reserved water if the sauce is a little thick. Clean sardines, if needed, by splitting in half lengthwise with a knife and removing backbones; set aside. You can have Sardines Pasta using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sardines Pasta
- It’s of Cooking oil.
- It’s 1 of large Red Onion.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of medium green bell pepper, diced.
- Prepare 2 of large tomatoes thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 can of spanish sardines.
- It’s 175 grams of spaghetti pasta.
- It’s to taste of Salt and ground pepper.
- It’s of Fresh parsley.
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Mediterranean Sardine Pasta with Lemon, Capers and Chili Flakes – Easy, Delicious and Heart Healthy Meal. This week my family and I have been busy cleaning out our pantry and cabinets for Passover, getting rid of the chametz and any other food items that we won't be eating during the holiday. I'm sure many of my Jewish readers can relate.
Sardines Pasta step by step
- Saute garlic, then onion until translucent.
- Add tomato and green bell pepper. Cover to minimize water loss..
- Add oil from sardines. (Remove whole peppers included in can). Cover..
- Wait until tomatoes are soft and fully crushed..
- Add Sardines.
- Add salt and pepper..
- Add cooked pasta. Mix well..
- Add crushed parsley and mix..
Then look no further than this cracking, simple recipe. Once tried, this lemon sardine pasta dish could very quickly become a firm family favorite, as it really is incredibly quick and easy to make, deliciously light to eat, and bursting with nutritional goodness. Served hot or cold, as a pasta salad, makes it versatile too. Spanish Sardines Pasta with Sun Dried Tomato and Chopped Olives is a simple dish that you can cook for dinner. This dish is not fancy at all.