Cajun Chicken Thigh Pie. The kids call it a "piehole" for a reason; the mouth yearns for that crumbly crust surrounding the sweet or savory filling, the stuff of Moms and America. This Cajun chicken feast is perfect for the hole of pies: juicy chicken thighs and fresh vegetables combine with slightly spicy, slightly smoky Cajun seasonings, to bake under a sweet cornbread crust that's just pure flavor. Roasted Cajun Chicken Thighs – Flavorful and juicy oven-roasted chicken thighs prepared with the tastiest cajun rub and served over simple, but delicious cauliflower rice.
Coat chicken with the rub, then brush or spray with olive oil. A menu staple is the rotating gumbo. The duck-based gumbo is made with confit duck leg, housemade hunter's sausage, filé powder, a scoop of whipped duck egg potato salad and, finally, a boiled. You can cook Cajun Chicken Thigh Pie using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cajun Chicken Thigh Pie
- It’s 2 of chicken thighs (diced).
- It’s 1 of red pepper (diced).
- You need 2 of carrots (diced).
- Prepare 1 of jalapeño (diced).
- You need 1 of onion (diced).
- Prepare 3 of green onions.
- It’s 2 tsp of Cajun seasoning.
- It’s of Cornbread.
- You need 3/4 cup of corn muffin mix.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Prepare of Green part of green onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
A spicy pot pie packed with the Cajun-inspired flavors of jambalaya will warm up your dinnertime. Smoked sausage, chicken, shrimp, rice, Cajun spices, and the holy trinity of vegetables flavor the filling. How to Make Cajun Baked Chicken Thighs – the Recipe Method. First, combine the spices in a small bowl.
Cajun Chicken Thigh Pie step by step
- Oil pan. Combine chicken and all vegetables (except for green part of green onions) into a pan on medium-high heat. Add seasoning. Cook and stir for 8 minutes. Add 2 teaspoons of corn mix at the end and stir. Then add some water and simmer for a 1-2 minutes..
- Transfer the mix to a baking pan. Evenly top the pan with the cornbread mix and bake for 20 minutes at 400. Let set and it’s done. Garnish with green onion..
Pat dry the chicken thighs and rub them down with the spice rub. Be sure to get under the skins and on the skins as well. Remove from heat and set aside when done. I served this chicken over canned lentils that had been added to sautéed onions and mushrooms. I added some of the cajun spice mix to the lentils to give them a bit of a kick.