Yellow Coconut Rice *Vegan. This Yellow Turmeric Rice is a beautifully colourful side dish that will visually transform any dinner table! It's also super easy to make, healthy and full of flavour. In rice cooker pot, wash jasmine rice until the water turns clear, drain the water..
While the rice is cooking, prepare the vegetables. Heat the coconut oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. The coconut milk makes this Vegan Yellow Saffron Rice slightly creamy, rich and the perfect texture y'all. You can have Yellow Coconut Rice *Vegan using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Yellow Coconut Rice *Vegan
- You need 5 cups of jasmine rice (i use regular cup not rice cookes cup).
- It’s 1 cup of coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 of lemongrass.
- It’s 2 of bayleaves.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 of pandan leaves.
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
I served this to my family the other day and it's ALWAYS an instant hit at the table. If you end up making this delicious Indian Saffron Yellow Rice Pilaf, I love seeing your awesome feedback! The rice recipe is aromatic and colored a gentle yellow because of saffron. Ingredients such as finely chopped onions, pine nuts, and golden raisins are cooked with beautiful basmati rice.
Yellow Coconut Rice *Vegan step by step
- In rice cooker pot, wash jasmine rice until the water turns clear, drain the water..
- Add salt, turmeric powder, bayleaves, lemo grass, and tied both pandan leaves together..
- Add coconut milk, mix them well, gradually add water and mix it well..
- Put the pot back into rice cooker and press cook. It will cook by it self around 15 mins, depends on your rice cooker..
- When the rice cooker said that the rice is cooked, stir it well and wait around 5 mins with the cover on but the rice cooker off..
- Tasty yellow coconut rice is ready to enjoy with any side dish you like :D.
Black Beans with Mango Salsa and Yellow Rice is one of the best things I've ever put in my mouth. The beans are zingy with lime juice and red curry paste. Meanwhile, the sweetness of the mango salsa is tempered with cayenne pepper. Ground turmeric gives the grains a golden color, while coconut milk lends remarkable flavor. What makes this simple homemade vegan curry recipe so easy and quick to prepare is that there is no need to use a store-bought or pre-made curry paste in this vegetarian yellow Thai curry, as this recipe is seasoned and colored with curry powder, turmeric, and chili sauce.